Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:08 am 
Viridis

I was just looking through the AR webstore in anticipation of the new Gencon stuff, and I noticed something - the models that are in the starter sets don't seem to be available to buy individually anymore.

That kinda sucks. Especially since I still don't have a Gaius Pallidus, I bought Ban-Luca and Aquila individually back in the day. (I didn't know whether I wanted to collect them all back then.)

So now I have to buy a whole starter if I want to get GP, getting two models I already have at the same time? Damn. Bad planning on my part, but I didn't know this would happen.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:44 am 
Noxius

Also hawkishly watching the store, as they sold out of the greek starter at gc and I still need it.

Definitely understood where you are coming from, I got some mates in to the game and they accidently bought the starters AND individual models as well.

My hope is that they are slimming the SKUs down to be more attractive for local shops to carry. My second hope is that they never distribute through the big online distributors, and keep that aspect of the revenue to themselves.

Having worked for another wargaming company, I can certainly say it is more credible to start with that format, than it is to go to it later.

All in all, I will keep an eye out for a spare Gaius in my group and let you know if one comes available!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:25 am 
Viridis

Thank you! I could ask on facebook too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:07 am 
Noxius

The individuals dissapeared from the store like one year ago, if my memory serves me well.
I find myself in a similar situation, but I only lack Marcus Furious (except for this year new minis, that is). Funny enough, I bought Infelix in the order I was going to buy Marcus, but he was out of stock. Then, they both were removed in favor of the starters.

I get the bussiness reasons behind this decision, but It's taking a lot of thinking from me to buy two minis I already own (and have one painted, even), to get just one.

On the other side, I applaud their decision to make the new helleniki starter with new minis, instead of the ones already existing. I bought all of them at the same time except for the mount, just in case they ended in a starter and I missed someone else :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:34 am 
Viridis

I feel like the principle makes sense going forward - if you want the three starter models, they always come as a set. In itself that is totally fine, especially since the sets are great value. The problem is just for us who bought parts of them back when they were available individually.

But it seems like RRG might be willing to arrange them for individual sale still specifically for people like us, so it's always worth dropping them a line.