Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1317 Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:43 pm 
Crudus

Atrox finished! (Yeah, it's cheating since I only "finished" him by rebasing him, but I'm still counting it.)

Pretty excited to try him out with Anum, Leo, and Acerbus...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:48 am 
Viridis

Works for me. :) And you can use Wrong Eye as Gaius, or something...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:20 am 
Crudus

UPDATE:

(I'm rolling right now - hope I can keep this momentum for a while...)

Rebuilt his head-branch, finished his root growths, and knocked out his axe head. Still need to do the skulls underfoot, the axe handle, and touch ups. Thinking about re-doing the red belt and straps as well - they look like they are a touch washed out and could use another highlight IMO...

Thanks for looking!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:36 am 
Crudus

Looking glorious. I think only the belt looks a little desaturared there on the back, the straps look right on, to me.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:48 am 
Crudus

UPDATE:

Gaius Pallidus - done!

Plus a current team photo (I love these)...

And a look at who is next in line...
Otho, Iason, and Lupa.

Also, a couple shots of my most recent game...
Here, Micon has squared off against Atrox, with Noxius hurrying in to support his crocodilian buddy. This is the beginning of a showdown that lasted most of the match - Micon managed to push Atrox back into a hazard and get him to Exhausted, but then proceeded to roll HORRIBLY. I assumed if I rolled enough ATK dice and added enough Favor Micon would be able to get to the bottom of his damage tree where he could use Atlas Throw... I had it all lined up but the dice gods were pissed at him or something. Turn after turn of nothing.

Newly painted Leo showed off by pulling a counter-attack in the third round of combat that yielded him nine (NINE!) successes when Hermes moved in to attack, essentially dooming the superstar to be lion chow - it was just a matter of time before Leo whittled away his last 4-5 health (even with Urbicus supporting him as much as possible). Huge turning point in the game and it happened pretty much right away.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:51 am 
Viridis

This all looks super awesome. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:06 am 
Crudus

Wishing wrote:
This all looks super awesome. :)

[favor]
Thank you. Now if only I could be prolific as you I might start truly getting somewhere with my pile of resin...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:17 am 
Viridis

Cheers. :) It's been a little while since I painted something, last order I just assembled and converted them all in a hurry, and then left them to wait. They still sit there looking at me, and I'm struggling a little with Leika.

And I know they will never look as pretty as yours. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:39 pm 
Crudus

All awesome! It's amazing how much the painted fatigue markers add to the vibe.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:48 pm 
Crudus

ripper.mcguirl wrote:
All awesome! It's amazing how much the painted fatigue markers add to the vibe.

Thanks, rip. I agree about the tokens - I love the way they look and it feels like they complete the feel of the gameplay. I do have to say that I shamelessly stole the idea from spiralingcadaver so credit really needs to go to him.

Also, quick update... Here's where I'm at with Otho:
My original plan was to paint the feathers like a peacock's, with a blue "eye" in a brown ring on each, but I kind of like the look of them like this. I could get some more blue/turquoise tones in them to sort of suggest the peacock without worrying about all that fine detail... What do you guys think? (Good news is I can decide later.)

Also, stripped Iason. I decided to reverse course and paint his armor silver like his actual original art, but that extra layer of paint just started to obscure too much detail so I broke out the Simple Green. Still a pain in the ass to get all the paint out of all the crevices, even after several rounds in the cleaner - had to use tiny wire brushes and pushpins to get at it all, and ended up snapping his spear in multiple places, but there is a (small) silver lining: the SG loosened the glue on his shield and it popped right off so now I'll be able to actually paint his arm and chest effectively.

Also got a bit done on Lupa but nothing too exciting. Maybe I'll be able to get in another update this weekend.

Cheers - thanks for looking!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1317 Next