Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:54 am 
Viridis

Gotta agree with Keslinger. He's only likely to do a couple of points of damage with the attack, so him defeating someone and thus staying alive is not likely to be something that happens very often. The fact that it *can* happen makes the ability interesting, but not reliable.

How can something unreliable, and something you can do something about (don't keep injured gladiators near him when you want to finish him) be overpowered?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:41 am 
Noxius

Yes I think a rule is overpowered when it re animates someone and they can roll well and annihilate someone with most of their health bar.

Are the odds in that favor? Dunno but its happened to me 100% of the time so far.

Sorry guys I dont wanna come off as complainy but Im sick and tired of stuff coming back to life in games unless theyre zombies.

That literally is a swing of two models. Me keeping one and killing one, to me losing one and him retaining one where I did the right thing to kill it.

What are my options? Have someone with higher armor and defense roll in and hope to god I dont have my opponent roll 5 successes I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:56 am 
Viridis

You're entitled to your opinion. :) Being tired of stuff coming back to life is fine. I imagine all games of this kind will have special rules that some people hate fighting against. I imagine that Thoth, who can make sure that you can never have any more favor than he does on a clear turn, must be super annoying for Ludus Magnus groups that like to generate lots of favor.

The situation is that Ur-Kek will get to attack you when he dies. That's the score. If he is lucky enough to kill you with that attack, then he gets to live. However, it is impossible for him to kill almost any uninjured gladiator in the game with one attack, as his max of 11 damage will be reduced by armour. So you can mitigate the risk of him rolling super well by not attacking him with an injured gladiator.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:32 am 
Noxius

As someone who plays Ur-Kek a lot, I agree with Wishing. It really does take a special set of circumstances for Ur-Kek to have any chance of "reviving" like that. I've sadly found that once people know what he can do, they wind up killing him early in the game before he's a risk. I have only had this trick work with him once! And part of what makes the game exciting is learning how to handle the different figures' abilities. In any given situation, one may seem more powerful than another, but there's balance.

Even with Hermes, who is a total jerk and I hate to play against. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:45 pm 
Crudus

Yeah, the Ol’ Ur-Kek Death-Bait-and-Switch-trick. It is definitely a kick to the balls when it hits. But like most one-trick ponies... fool me once, shame on you... Ur-Kek is now definitely in the “Kill First” list. Along with Hermes... and Otho... and Gaius... Oh I remember the first time I played against Gaius Pallidus and he ended up being Last Man Standing. That was not fun...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:06 pm 
Noxius

This isn't a game in which models on the board matters all that much. It's actually often better to whittle down multiple models rather than focus and remove one in a lot of instances, which makes the total health of your team a little more important than how many figures you have left. Ur's big gain from a Smite Consume is more that he gets another Smite than that he doesn't die.