Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:25 pm 
Noxius

Massive Malifaux fan.

Tried Dystopian Wars for a couple of months but hated the 'Exploding dice' mechanic so sacked it.

Been GW free for over 3 years (not bad for someone who was addicted for 20+ years...)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:00 pm 
Noxius

I used to play a lot of Malifaux. Recently quit and looking forward to Arena Rex!

Let's see...I play:

Saga
In Her Majesty's Name
Blood Bowl
Dead Man's Hand
Zombicide
Krosmaster Arena
Dystopian Legions
Mansions of Madness
Ghost Stories

And some other board games that have paint-worthy miniatures.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:16 pm 
Noxius

Dystopian Wars is a bit clunky. But that sums up Spartan Games' rules. At least for the first few editions of their rules. You pay to playtest with Spartan Games. :lol:

Malifaux was huge in my area, almost over took 40k with number of players. But then it just died.

I think a Rhino ran over it or something.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:24 am 
Noxius

Currently, the only games I actively play is X-Wing and this one. I did back Kingdom Death Monster in KS, so I'll play that eventually. Infinity looks really promising, but its a pain to get people to try anything new, no matter how good the game and/or minis are. (Which is frustrating)

In the past I've played the following, some of which I still have armies for: Warmachine/Hordes, Battletech, 40k, Fantasy, Malifaux, Dust, Firestorm Armada, Dystopian Wars, and Flames of War.

http://www.nerdsvsninjas.blogspot.com - a humble blog about gaming and other nerdy stuff...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:10 pm 
Noxius

Started out with warhammer fantasy a long time ago, played undead and chaos.
After that started with confrontation from Rackham. Got a ton of minis and played a lot of armies: Mid-nor, Devoreurs, Orcs, Dirz.
When that was getting old, we started with Warhammer 40k. Chaos space marines rule the galaxy!
Now i switched to mini-boardgames, waiting very impatiently for my copy's of Rivet Wars and Zombicide Season 2.
Also a Pc-gamer, for the moment i play Grid2, Warhammer Space marine and Borderlands.
Although i don't have much time with 2 kids running/crawling around :lol:
Will certainly try to play some X-wing soon, it looks awesome!
Hope to upgrade my paintskill to get the best out of my Gladiators. 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:03 am 
Noxius

Infinity is a solid game, a bit difficult to grasp initially (for me anyway).

I love how there tournament kits are set up. Anyone can buy them. As my store would not consider buying them as he sees there is not enough players to waste his time.

I not much of a tournament guy (more so if it is not scenario driven) but the few times I want to, it is nice to know I can just buy a tournament pack and have at it. Rather than having to be in constant communication with a company and store manager.

Would love to see Corvus Beli make a strategic board game in the world of infinity. :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:25 pm 
Noxius

Deep into Warmachine and Iron Kingdoms RPG, recently started playing both X Wing and Wings Of War, and of course a whole mess of boardgames. I still have a ton of Monpoc stuff, but haven't played with it in a couple years. Recently started playing Android: Netrunner. I'd only played the original netrunner once, back in prehistory, and I liked it fine, but it was not a good time in my life for card games.

I've really taken a shine to things with quick turns, regardless of how long the game itself is. Which is part of why I love those flight games, and what's really hooked me with Arena Rex.

As for Boardgames, of course Battlestar Galactica is a constant companion to my circle, though we've put it on a bit of a back burner to avoid burnout. Formula D was a surprise hit, as was Ascension. Pandemic, Shadows over Camelot, and Reistance/Avalon are popular choices, too. We've really enjoyed That Other Rex game (Twilight Imperium: Rex), which is a reskinning of the beloved old Dune board game, which also benefits from short turns.

Basically, if it's fun, I like it! (GW free for a decade!)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:22 pm 
Noxius

Hi all

I've always been more of a painter than a gamer, until I found Rackham's Confrontation and realised I could paint small armies for gaming with. I still play Confrontation, but have also recently picked up Eden (by ex-Rackham staff and I love it) and Bushido (by some of my ex-Confrontation opponents), both of which I can recommend.
I'm looking forward to getting my brushes on some Arena Rex. :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:33 am 
Noxius

Used to play quite a few games but recently cut down and sold a few off ready for 2 kick to come, notably Arena Rex and Wrath of Kings.
I play, Malifaux and play testing M2E 2nd wave, Bushido, Freebooters Fate and Infinity at the moment as well as play testing Arena Rex.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:30 pm 
Noxius

I've been recently cutting down on all my games as well.

I had Bushido starter box but no interest so I sold it off. Got rid of all my malifaux stuff, just got burned out with it, Still play it with other people's crews. I have a ton of Free Booter's stuff, but never assembled or painted them, never read the rules, they just sat around. They will be on the chopping block soon. Sold off all my sedition wars stuff and I am glad to do it. Sold my Dust tactics stuff, Flames of War, Axis and Allies miniatures, tons of 10 and 15 mm Napoleonics and WWII, Kings of War. Uncharted Seas and Dystopian Wars.

Just became too much to keep track of everything, store everything, wanting to add more things to my army but not getting around to it after buying the units. And the worse thing is buying miniatures you never played with or can't find anyone to play with.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next