Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:54 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Pits and hazards
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:27 am 
Noxius

So I'm begining to plan out my arena and the question of what size pits and arena hazards should I use has popped into my head. I am thinking between 2"x3" and 3"x5" for pits but have no idea for any other pieces of terrain.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Pits and hazards
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:55 pm 
Noxius

The pits in my arena are 2"x3".

I think that maybe I should have put in one large pit but my thoughts at the time were "what could some one leap.

The reasoning was that I plan to have a house rule where the pits have sprung trap doors and a Mars gladiator would role to see if the door opened . Odds he falls to his death, evens he leaps to safety on the opposite side.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:03 am 
Noxius

I think it was on the Kickstarter boards when smoke came up to limit visibility I believe somebody mentioned fire. So a burning hazard however you image that such as a pile of wood set on fire or braziers filled with oil.

Spiked walls or columns are just modifications on terrain.

Water came up with the battles on boats idea that Red Republic said possibly in the future. Not truly a hazard in the sense that it does damage but more of an obstacle.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:02 pm 
Noxius

I mention the following for your review.
I stumbled upon Warriors of Darkmyre in Kickstarter which ends in a few days. It appears to have some potential hazards. This really depends upon your judgment. Some of the pieces are too high-tech to fit Arena Rex while others are monsters. There are fire, spear and spike pieces that could fit and the game is approximately the same scale: 32mm.
I liked the acrylic fire which is why it caught my attention.
The material (acrylic/resin/metal) information appears in different places. I did not take the time to absorb a clear understanding whether the pictures are exact replicas of what you would receive. I pass it along with caveats.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:56 am 
Crudus

The spiked Wall/Floor sections look pretty good. I might be interested. Though I don't know exactly how many sections I would get with the 50$ pledge.
It says 5 Traps included.

Since - and that is what I am not sure about - each Trap pack consists of 3 tiles with spikes for example: Do I get 15 1"x1" pieces of spiked wall/floor?
Or just 5?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:54 pm 
Noxius

I'm not sure either. I had believed there were more parts for that cost when I first read it.
Then I looked the number of backers and realized the production numbers must be very low. I thought the cost would be more competitive against making your own. The value was something with decent production value, consistency and good materials. To get any significant quantity would likely be expensive.