Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Cheap, modular arena!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:54 pm 
Noxius

Guys, I followed in the footsteps of Till and grabbed myself the Playmobil arena.

It is fantastic. Im not much of a terrain maker, and so its really nice to have something that's sturdy and ready made. A criteria that my arena was going to have to fit was to be modular so that I can fold it up with all of my models and take it to friends houses/store it etc. This is just that. It breaks into about 11/12 parts, the largest being about 1 foot long, maybe 10" high and 6" wide. :geek:

I can see how it would be easy to paint/add things to it, and it could sit on any board meaning the terrain doesn't really have to be set in stone either.

For a head start on any project, or a easy build up arena for the more casual hobbyists, this is a steal for £35 new.
Oh and I've already started to make money back from selling the toys that come with it! So its getting cheaper! :lol:

http://data.jeuxetjouetsenfolie.fr/pictures/products/19400_19499/19484_0_1600x1200_cfb5cf4a74ce5d793b223a685092f98dbd3a277f.jpg

Oh important part! 33" diameter. Perfect. :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:03 pm 
Noxius

Lucky!

I can't find one for a decent price over here... (US)

http://www.nerdsvsninjas.blogspot.com - a humble blog about gaming and other nerdy stuff...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:19 am 
Noxius

Lucky indeed: in France I can see ads for 2nd hand in the 20-40€ range, but new it goes from 80€ and to the sky.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:31 am 
Noxius

got mine for 8 €, thats about 14 $ (^_^) LOV MY EBAY!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:18 pm 
Noxius

Hey guys,

I bought one of these too. I got it brand new from Amazon UK for a reasonable price even though I live in Arizona. I think it was $54 US including shipping costs. Links are in my other thread about Arena Sizes.

http://redrepublicgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:52 pm 
Noxius

:shock: WOW! They had no issues shipping internationally? I think I'm gonna have to buy one...

http://www.nerdsvsninjas.blogspot.com - a humble blog about gaming and other nerdy stuff...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:46 am 
Noxius

I must admit if I hadn't built my own areana I would have picked up one of the Playmobile ones. (Might still do ;) )

Biggest issue I have now is thinking where I'm going to store it once I've finished. A 4'x2' board 8" high is a bit of a bugger to put on a shelf.

It IS a shelf. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:58 am 
Noxius

Quote:
It IS a shelf. :lol:

:lol:

WuhSawBe you gotta do it dude! Honestly it's like they were made for Arena Rex- although I think one of the RRG guys said that they had used these in playtesting, so perhaps Arena Rex was made for these... :shock:

Hargon has it arrived yet? You reckon you'll have to play customs? Also that paint job in your older post looks fantastic. I wasn't going to paint mine but I am considering it now... problem is I've been out of miniatures as a hobby for so long I have no paints or painting skills left for that matter! :|

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:10 am 
Noxius

I had no problems with the order at all. In fact I was very surprised when it showed up at my doorstep in less than a week! There was some type of fee when I was paying, but that was included in my $54 total spent price. I think it was a money conversion fee though and not customs. I agree that being able to break it apart for storage and it being lightweight for transport makes this thing perfect.

I haven't started painting mine yet, but I will try to take some pictures of it as I go for a later thread here. I am planning on priming it with a spray can, use a bunch of paint washes and then color and highlight some details (like pillars, archways and such). I'm going to pick up some of the cheaper acrylic paints at Walmart or Michaels for most of this to keep the cost down. I am a novice painter too, but I don't need perfection. I just want it to look a little more "realistic".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:39 am 
Noxius

I look forward to seeing your work :)