Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:20 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous 135 36 37 38 39 Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:16 pm 
Viridis

Gonna try and do some work to try and make the tiger face look more savage. This is the initial steps, which I think look promising, but mainly shows the eyes. The mouth will need a lot of work too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:14 pm 
Crudus

Wishing wrote:
Gonna try and do some work to try and make the tiger face look more savage. This is the initial steps, which I think look promising, but mainly shows the eyes. The mouth will need a lot of work too.

[favor] [favor]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:07 pm 
Viridis

Slowly getting somewhere... I think... problem with green stuff is once I have done something, I need to wait ages for it to cure before I can keep going. Would like to make the teeth sharper, but not sure how.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:24 pm 
Viridis

Just unpacked Gaius, and all I can think is, wow. That is such an amazingly sculpted model. The detail so crisp and well formed. I can't believe I waited so long to get him, he is definitely one of my favourites of the range now I see him in person.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:11 pm 
Crudus

Wishing wrote:
Just unpacked Gaius, and all I can think is, wow. That is such an amazingly sculpted model. The detail so crisp and well formed. I can't believe I waited so long to get him, he is definitely one of my favourites of the range now I see him in person.

Agreed. I think I've said before, I wasn't originally very keen on the supernatural elements of the game, so concepts like Gaius, Euryale, etc. were much further down the wishlist for me. Then their sculpts were shown off, and I changed my tune... The Gaius model was so awesome that he ended up being one of my favorites to paint.

Also, LOVE the slight angle changes on Atrox. You haven't done that much overall to his profile, but just that twist of his head makes him 100% better and more natural. You're starting to make me want to order him and copy you now... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:00 am 
Viridis

Thank you, I am glad! It really is interesting how very small changes can alter the sense of movement in a model quite drastically. And the sense of movement and dynamic tension in a model's pose is a huge part of what makes it interesting to look at, I think - whether it is a static and poised pose or a dynamic and momentum-filled pose, there just has to be something in it that feels like it is aesthetically pleasing because it feels somehow realistic and relatable as real and beautiful movement.

I'm always a sucker for the weird and mythological, so I had no problems in that regard. ;) Which is why Medusa was one of my first purchases, and she is still one of my favourites. Her sense of movement is superb too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:35 am 
Viridis

Guys with beards.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:58 pm 
Viridis

Even though I wrote before that I usually look forward to modelling more, I am really looking forward to trying to paint this Atrox. I've never painted a tiger before and it looks super hard, so it will be a hopefully enjoyable challenge. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:12 pm 
Viridis

Green stuff cured - let's see what we can do with this kitty.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:06 pm 
Viridis

This is going better than I expected. The stripes look good to me so far, but I can't get pupils in the eyes without it looking super weird. Will have to fudge it somehow.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous 135 36 37 38 39 Next