Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous 132 33 34 35 3639 Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:49 am 
Viridis

Thank you. :) Though I am just trying to copy the scheme in the webstore. I think it looks so great that I couldn't think of any way to improve on it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:15 pm 
Crudus

I always love your work!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:32 pm 
Viridis

Gencon and new model releases made me go "Now I want to work on finishing my AR stuff", so here goes.

My vision was always to make my Wendigo bipedal, but when I assembled him last time, I didn't think I could pull it off and so I made him fully quadroped instead. This time, I refused to be daunted, so I pulled him apart and tried to repose him. And I am actually really happy with this biped-but-hunched-over look that I feel like he has now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:03 pm 
Crudus

I agree 100%. Yours has a bit of movement to him that the standard posing lacks. [favor] for you!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:31 am 
Viridis

Yay, thanks for the favor! I think next step is to add some more warmth, the greyscale and black doesn't really work for me anymore, so I think he will get brown skin and some colours in there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:50 am 
Viridis

This is as far as I got last night. Browns and earthly colours have been added. My current doubt is whether to add more colour, like a dark purple to tie in with my Zephyri, or stick to how he looks now. I think I might try the purple, and if it doesn't look good, replace it with a dark grey instead.

Also thinking that Telesto could maybe work with the yellow and red, but also adding some blue-green to his paws and mouth. Since he looks like some kind of coral reef creature, a bit of a rainbow explosion could work well.

Photo uploading is really weird at the moment too. Imgur is apparently set up so that you can upload photos without even having an account - you just click "Post", then choose your photo, and then it instantly gives you a link that you can post here on the forum. Quick for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:09 pm 
Viridis

I think this works for Wendigo for me this time round.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:42 pm 
Noxius

Excellent work mate!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:54 pm 
Viridis

Thank you! I am happy with him. :) I think I will take a picture later with some of my Zephyri, to see if they look good together as a group.

Previously I have struggled a bit with Urien, one of my trio of missing Legio models (being Urien, Sulla, and Gaius). I reposed his arms, but it just didn't work well. I concluded that the problem was his weird bendy knees pose, so I tried cutting up his knee joints and putting them back together to have him standing upright semi-normally. Current results are like this - slightly leaned back, in a recuperating kind of pose (I think). It's a little hard to see because he is just undercoated black, but I hope it works.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:14 pm 
Crudus

I reaaaaaally like your Wendigo with the warmer earthtones - nicely done. And your Urien actually looks like a human being now! He was always one of my least favorite models in the whole line because his posing just looks so artificial and unnatural, but your conversion fixes that entirely. I think the repose looks exactly like he's just pushed back a foe and is catching his breath before wading in again...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous 132 33 34 35 3639 Next