Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 38 39 Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:27 pm 
Viridis

Cool. I made a new helmet+crest combination and tried it out on the rider model. I think it looks pretty nice. Will see if it works on the leaping guy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:45 pm 
Viridis

Leaping guy with helmet. Hmm. Will probably stick with this for now.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:42 am 
Viridis

Oh my, just got a notification that some new AR models have arrived. I ordered them 8 days ago, so I think that is a new record for me in terms of how quickly I've gotten something from the webstore. Cool!

One of them is the apologetic tiger. I am interested in seeing what I can do with that one.

Another one is Gjallr, where I similarly don't really have a direct plan, but do want to modify him. He is also inspiring me to go back and rework on my Hagal. He just isn't quite beefy enough for my liking, and I think I can do something about that now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:56 pm 
Viridis

WIPs of the stuff wot I mentioned.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:57 pm 
Viridis

Trying to add a mighty beard to the head just now, and simultaneously making progress on the Hagal body. Sword arm needs to be shortened a little I guess, but I feel like I am gradually getting happy with the pose.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:03 pm 
Viridis

Progress on mighty beard.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:14 pm 
Crudus

Looking good. Your fearlessness with these minis is both inspiring and terrifying. :o

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:34 am 
Noxius

I deeply envy your sculpting abilities.

Great work!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:17 am 
Viridis

Thank you guys. I want to say that I like modifying models more than I like painting them, but I'm not sure if that's true. I am really happy with how I ended up painting Telesto, so even though he is a totally unmodified model, it gives me great satisfaction to look at him. But what is definitely true is that I look forward to modifying a model more than I look forward to painting it. The conversion gives me ideas and thrill that painting doesn't, even though the conversion results aren't always stellar.

One thing I am unsure about right now is why I am still getting these models. What am I up to now, 65 models now or something? I've used no more than half of them in any of my games I'm sure.

I guess the answer is just that I'm more of a model collector than a gamer, and the modelling side is more my hobby than gaming will ever be (even though I love nerding out about rules). So getting new guys for the arena is less about having gaming pieces and more about just nurturing the collection, model train style.

Atrox, Gjallr and Gaius just arrived this afternoon. Definitely doing something to all of them. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:48 pm 
Viridis

First up, the chillest viking of them all. If Hagal is a berserker, Gjallr looks to me like a stoic king, calmly striding through the storm of battle.

Not a huge fan of the "turning sideways" pose he had, so I tried adjusting him to just be stepping forwards.

ImageImage

And some tiger body work. Might not be obvious, but I chopped him up a bit so he is turning sideways a little instead of going directly forward - amusingly changing him the opposite way to how I changed Gjallr...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 38 39 Next