Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:44 pm 
Viridis

It's starting to look like this. I think I can live with it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:17 am 
Viridis

The setup seems quite stable now and I think it's ready for painting. That the reins are connected makes me feel like they will always stay in place and line up where they are supposed to.

One of the things I am most satisfied with is that the reins are straight and look like they are in suspension, I think. I think the only way to achieve that is to trim them down, as they are way too long initially (which is good, better than them being too short). I think the reins look kinda strange and anti-gravity in the studio model, like the rider is holding them up too high and they aren't falling properly?

Anyway. My reins look a bit clunky with all the green stuff, but it works with the magnets, and that's the most important thing really.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:30 am 
Viridis

Progress.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:13 pm 
Noxius

I was just thinking about how to do this. Thanks for the heads up!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:46 am 
Viridis

I think I can say that my magetized bull team are done now. Which means I probably won't be posting pictures in this thread much anymore since I've now done all four riders currently in the game. Maybe they will add one for the Greeks when they come out though, who knows? But I hope other players will post pictures of their magnetized riders at some point too.

The thing I find most interesting about Sep and Nero is that the studio model has him holding the reins up high in the air, which makes sense with the reins being the length they originally come with. But when I assembled the model, the arm just naturally seemed to hold the reins closer to the body. I'm not sure what I did differently, but hey.

So the studio model looks like this:

And my version looks like this:

A little different, but fully magnetized, and I feel confident that the build is sturdy and won't bend or break easily.

I guess one of the things I had to do when assembling, I now remember, was to trim down the mane because the reins wouldn't fit over it in my version. So this does suggest that I've done something wrong, since I had to give Nero a haircut. But I think it looks OK like this so I am satisfied. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:44 am 
Viridis

Darn it, I never posted a picture of my finished Zahraqet in this thread. It must be done for completeness' sake.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:16 pm 
Viridis

Crixus wrote:
I was just thinking about how to do this. Thanks for the heads up!

Cool, no problem!

Now I have made a second Desultorius so Ywain can sit comfortably while he is not on his horse too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:33 pm 
Viridis

Surprise new mount and rider this year means more to magnetize! Hurrah!

This guy seems very straightforward though. Since the only part of him that is touching the lizard is his butt, I put one magnet in the butt and one in the inner thigh - exactly like with Zahra and Sereqet. Pictures below.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:34 am 
Viridis

Ugh, the magnetizing of Cato is not going so well. Or at least not as easy as I wanted. I had two problems. One is that with just the the magnets I showed above, he was kind of wobbly in his seat. He wouldn't fall off, but he also wasn't stable. So I started adding some more connection points to increase stability. One in the other leg, one at the back of his tunic.

The second problem was that I failed to line the magnets up well, it seems, because although the now four magnet pairs are stable, he no longer sits down flat on his lizard. He is kind of lifted up, which was not my intention. One of the problems with magnets, I feel, is that it is hard to undo them once they have been inserted. So I think I just have to live with the way he looks now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:58 am 
Crudus

Try taking a good file and file down the magnets so they sit more flush maybe? I have lots of practice magnetizing stuff so I am hoping I get some more models soon.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next