Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:31 pm 
Noxius

Well, I haven't been on here for a long while, but with the arrival of a conspicuous package from Austin, TX last week, I figure it's time to get excited about this game again!

The miniatures, on the whole, are fantastic! In my quick scan of each model, the only casting error I found was on Viatrix - there was a bubble hidden on the inside of her thigh, which should be straightforward to fill, and one of her feet seems to be missing the toes. Not too obvious, and will try my best to rectify, but a bit of a bummer. I think another model has part of its sandal trimmed off as well, but not a big deal.

My main question/concern was with the spear shafts. They are all slightly bent, which is to be expected, but I feel they will be the first to snap.

I am steeling myself for the task of swapping them out for brass rod, but wanted to know if anyone else had tried this, or their general experience with the Septimus', Ban Lucas, and Aemelias of the world (Sven, Mago, Marcus Furius fall into the same boat)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:10 am 
Crudus

I have tried switching the spears out for some of the models. Ban-Luca I did not try as I thought it was too difficult for me, especially because of the cloth hanging from the spear tip.
But Iason for example was really easy to do. Where possible, I tried to drill little holes to support the metal shafts.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:31 pm 
Noxius

Started the process of replacing the poles of my spears. Not sure if I want to use brass, copper or steel rods.

Going to see what stock I have.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:50 pm 
Noxius

I replaced any models spear shaft with brass rod... figured it was easier to do before I painted them up then to wait for them to break off.