Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:43 am 
Viridis

I haven't actually played myself yet, so I can't comment on how easy and/or fun it is in reality, but it seems really great from reading it. Fast and easy to remember the rules, just like you say.

Making it cheaper for us in Europe would be great. But I also feel like this is a niche, exclusive game by nature, because the miniatures are so detailed and high quality. The way the game seems to me, it's not something I can see hitting a mass audience. It seems like GW's Forge World range - intended for experienced and serious modellers who will pay premium price for something special.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:45 am 
Viridis

And it's the same for me about mobility and terrain. So I really want to get one of those playmats, so I could get games in in an arena without having to carry loads of stuff from my house.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:35 am 
Crudus

I think the hobby itself is a niche. Making it expensive for the models might just hurt the company in the end. I can see people buying 10-15 models, but not with the current price and the additional costs for shipping and customs on top!

Therefore, I hope to just somehow convice some people.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:39 am 
Viridis

I agree. I guess I would imagine that there are three rough groups of miniature gamers in terms of buying preferences.

1. Ones on a budget and/or who like value for money. They buy deals on ebay and GW unit boxes with 15 models for $20, and think $20 for a single model is way too much.
2. Ones that don't mind spending money on individual models, but who are still value-conscious and wouldn't pay extra customs charges just to play a game when there are lots of other games they can buy models for in their LGS.
3. Ones that have a "wealthy collector" mentality, who are willing to spend a premium and customs on getting just that right model for a game they love and collect.

Right now it seems to me that in the US, both groups 2 and 3 can get into Arena Rex, but in Europe and elsewhere in the world, only group 3 would get into the game, simply because having to special order from the US and pay customs charges for the models puts them into that "special luxury" category.

You're saying you'd like the game to be accessible to group 2 in the EU too, and I'm sure everyone agrees. It's just a case of whether RRG would be able to organise it to that it will work in terms of economy of scale.

But we should discuss this in general discussion I'm thinking. What do you think?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:07 am 
Crudus

I had some time recently to continue my painting. As there are plenty of models left to paint and I had some of them still a bit unfinished, it was time to get the ready for the gaming table.

Sulla:

Viatrix:

Aemilia:

Septimus: