Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 917 Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:51 am 
Viridis

Gomez wrote:
Obviously models increase one fatigue level when they're pushed into hazards, and that should work for these, though I'm toying with the idea of adding another point of damage if the gladiator is pushed into them from the front, due to the spikes.

Just curious, but was this post written before there were rules for wounding hazards? Because I made a spiky fence very similar to this one, specifically because the rulebook describes how a hazard can be either spiky or non-spiky, with rules for both. And your very cool fences look very much like spiky wounding hazards. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:48 am 
Crudus

Wishing wrote:
Gomez wrote:
Obviously models increase one fatigue level when they're pushed into hazards, and that should work for these, though I'm toying with the idea of adding another point of damage if the gladiator is pushed into them from the front, due to the spikes.

Just curious, but was this post written before there were rules for wounding hazards? Because I made a spiky fence very similar to this one, specifically because the rulebook describes how a hazard can be either spiky or non-spiky, with rules for both. And your very cool fences look very much like spiky wounding hazards. :)

It will be quite hard to check for the correct dates, but yes. There was a time when the rules did not include a wounding hazard that does damage. There were only hazards that kill or distribute fatigue.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:09 pm 
Viridis

Sheijtan wrote:
It will be quite hard to check for the correct dates, but yes. There was a time when the rules did not include a wounding hazard that does damage. There were only hazards that kill or distribute fatigue.

That's what I figured, thanks. I am such a n00b. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:49 pm 
Crudus

Wishing wrote:
Sheijtan wrote:

That's what I figured, thanks. I am such a n00b. :D

No problem. There has to be an advantage of being part of the Kickstarter from the first few days :D [favor]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:27 am 
Crudus

Just to clarify: I'm pretty much just an idiot. Looking at the dates, I clearly posted that tidbit in September of last year, just about a year after I had gotten all my AR Kickstarter materials - including the rulebook, which has the bit about "wounding hazards". So, I really should have already realized that was a thing, but I think I sort of glossed over those pages and was working off what I remembered from the beta ruleset, which only mentioned hazards increasing fatigue or insta-murderizing people. So, being an original backer was blessing and curse here.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:24 am 
Viridis

Hehe, I totally get that. Once you have played with one ruleset, actually understanding and getting used to an updated ruleset can be tricky, if not impossible.

It's interesting how the rulebook clearly influenced my hazard design, which it presumably didn't for you - since the book describes a hazard as either being non-wounding or wounding as a whole, I made a wounding hazard all over, i.e. my fence has spikes on both sides. Your fence only has spikes on one side, so of the four sides, I would presume for you to say that side A is wounding and sides B, C and D are non-wounding. Which should totally work too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:12 am 
Crudus

UPDATE:

Acerbus is finally done.

Wounds, spear, and base finalized since the last WIP I posted.

And, as usual, an updated team photo.

Leo is next, I think. He's been about 25% done for months, so it's about time I finish him off.

Like always, any feedback is appreciated - questions, critique, comment, what-have-you. Thanks for looking!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:39 am 
Crudus

Amazing use of colors and technique on Acerbus! Looks incredibly stunning!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:21 am 
Viridis

Yeah, I wrote it before, but that rhino is just scarily good looking. It has a creepy realism, especially with the wounds and damaged skin. That shoulder wound looks like it really hurts. Amazing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:46 pm 
Crudus

Just glorious.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 917 Next