Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1517 Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:32 pm 
Crudus

UPDATE: Lupa - finished!

And since I finished a model I'll be cracking open one of the new Helleniki I got. I'm thinking Antaeus, as he should be pretty straightfoward to paint (being naked and all) but they all look pretty awesome to work on.

And as always, any feedback is appreciated. Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:07 am 
Viridis

Swing that hammer! Looks great, I like the red and yellow colours a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:09 pm 
Crudus

Next up...

Went with Antaeus as my next subject because he should be pretty simple - skin is probably what I do best and he's got a lot of it showing. His rules are also badass, so I'm excited to try him out fully painted.

Also started in on some tokens during some downtime between primer coats - I only have ten actually finished, which sort of limits how many models we can play with her side (yeah, I could use the unpainted ones but I'd hate myself). Here's hoping I can replicate the process pretty well - thankfully this is one of the few times I made notes about the colors! So far this is Iyanden Darksun plus a wash of Delta Ceramcoat Mocha Brown.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:51 pm 
Viridis

I am jealous of anyone with Hellenics!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:42 am 
Crudus

A little sloppy, but I'm pretty happy with how close the colors came out like the originals. They've JUST been blasted with some gloss enamel here, hence the shine. Now I've got enough to go 8 v. 8...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:56 pm 
Crudus

Got started on Antaeus, but there's not much to show yet. While waiting for his paint to dry, moved along on Otho's shield:

You can see the steps I went through here (I skipped a few, but this gives a pretty good idea). Might go with a final lighter, almost white highlight along the top edge, but still undecided on that. Used some stippling to look like scales to sort of echo the fish theme he's got going on.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:40 pm 
Crudus

UPDATE:

Antaeus progress...
I painted his skin with Reaper's Olive Skin, then here washed it with a mix of Olive Skin and Bronzed Shadow.

I washed some Reikland Fleshshade and Baal Red around some key areas (knees, elbows, butt, face) then went back and highlighted with Olive skin.

More washes (Baal Red, Reikland Fleshshade, Agrax Earthshade) and highlights, this time with Olive Skin + Tanned Highlight. It's a little gray at this point, so I may need to switch over to Olive + Rosy Highlight to try and get a little more pink in. You can see that I'm not terribly concerned with being neat at this point - I just want to get some natural looking tones layered in first, then I'll focused on some tighter lines with later highlights.

As always, any feedback is awesome. Thanks for looking!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:37 pm 
Viridis

That looks really nice so far, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:37 pm 
Crudus

Looks Great!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:25 pm 
Crudus

Here's the latest:

Still need a few more layers of highlights and glazes to get it where I want it, but it's mostly on track. Also trying to plan how to add the suggestion of a hairy chest without smothering it in black... Not sure how that'll work out yet.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1517 Next