Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1117 Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:38 pm 
Crudus

Stone wrote:
I love how your Acerbus turned out. This is a real piece of art. Very realistic coloring and blending. I would love to see this kodel in person.

I missed this originally and wanted to say thanks a ton for the positive vibe. I appreciate it!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:44 pm 
Noxius

Of course. I have greatly enjoyed watching your work develop, it is very inspirational.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:19 pm 
Crudus

UPDATE:

Got a bit more done last night...

Leather straps done, armor done (I think), skirt done...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:20 pm 
Viridis

Looking more and more fantastic. I love the rim around the skirt.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:08 pm 
Crudus

Wishing wrote:
Looking more and more fantastic. I love the rim around the skirt.

Thanks. A quick Google of "authentic Celtic clothing" gave me that exact color combo. [star]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:57 am 
Crudus

UPDATE:

Bit more done...

I tried to remember how exactly I did the roots on Gaius himself while doing the roots under his foot, but obviously I missed a step or two as they look very different. I think other people must take copious notes about color combos and steps, but once I get rolling I always forget. Always.

Anyway, any feedback is appreciated. Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:23 am 
Noxius

Just bought into Arena Rex after this years gencon, how I missed it for this long is a mystery to me lol. Been lookin for inspiration on an arena/painting for the minis so I read through this whole thread. Just wanted to say your stuff is friggen amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:16 pm 
Crudus

Weaponsmith104 wrote:
Just bought into Arena Rex after this years gencon, how I missed it for this long is a mystery to me lol. Been lookin for inspiration on an arena/painting for the minis so I read through this whole thread. Just wanted to say your stuff is friggen amazing.

Cheers - thanks for the kind words. As you can see I'm a sloooooooow painter (I have a wife, kids, house, dog, time-consuming career etc., plus a whole mess of hobbies that all compete for the little "me" time I get) so there are fewer of my AR models done than I want, but every one I work on I try to improve some technique or strategy. I post everything here so that anyone interested can see my process, mistakes and all, so I hope you get something useful from it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:27 pm 
Crudus

UPDATE:

First, after more than a year of procrastinating on him, I busted out with some work on Leo (obviously WIP)...
Still need to work on some reddish/brown accents along his flanks and back legs, and he'll need another couple rounds of highlights, but pretty happy with him after so long avoiding my brushes and paints. I avoided him for so long because the sheer amount of tan hide I needed to cover seemed intimidating, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I made it out to be in my head.

Also, Gaius had an accident...
It might not be immediately obvious, but I broke off the end of his head-branch and chipped up his hair - I was boxing up my AR stuff up to take on road trip so I could play with some old friends, and of course I dropped him while I was wrapping him in foam. :oops: Total amateur move on my part... Need to use some GS and then retouch that part of him here soon.

As always, I love feedback - any comment, critique, question, etc. is welcome and appreciated. Thanks for looking!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:56 pm 
Noxius

The amount of muscle definition you were able to articulate on Leo is absolutely stunning. I was pretty happy with how my Leo turned out, but your work is on an entire other level. Nice job, as always.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1117 Next