PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:16 pm 
Noxius

So, had a few games today with my mate, and in a 5 on 5 I picked:

Amelia
Aquila
Viatrix
Ban-Luca
Gaius Pallidus.

Now I don't know if it was down to luck, but I won this game with only 1 damage on Amelia, thats it. Gaius only used the healing ability once to heal her by 2 (or 3 I forget the number now). A combination of their ability to gain favour, the 2 bonus successes on pushing into certain models and high defence just seemed to wreck my opponent.

Anyone else fancy using this force to see how well they fair in their tests? Would be interested to see if this was just some crazy fluke or if I just stumbled onto some insane cohort. :shock:

Post subject: Re: Insane Cohort.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:57 pm 
Noxius

Just out of curiosity, what was the opponent playing? Was he focus firing a single target, or trying to split up all his attacks between your whole team? Was it a dice roll issue, did he constantly fail to get any successes? Any particular trick in the list you found extra useful or did it just perform well for you?

Only reason I ask is because I have played a similar list, and found the fight to actually be pretty even. (Although I struggled getting through Ban-Luca's ARM).

http://www.nerdsvsninjas.blogspot.com - a humble blog about gaming and other nerdy stuff...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:14 pm 
Noxius

I feel as though there must have been some bad dice rolling for him in order for it to be such a clean sweep, but the double push success for friendly models and Viatrix's taunt seemed to keep me in pretty good control. No there was no main target for him it seemed, Viatrix obviously at one point had like 3 people on her at one point due to this but not only came out unscathed but pushed someone into a pit as a result. (only one terrain death).

I think; Zhara, Vaugr, Frigge, Sven and Hroka.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:55 pm 
Noxius

With 3 gladiators stuck there, why couldn't they just kill her? Also, how did 3 end up stuck around her?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:15 pm 
Noxius

Taunt ability. One was exhausted I think from some insane defending. Then just two that were in combat, clearly not doing great with some good counter attacks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:23 am 
Noxius

Swap out Urien for Viatrix and you have a pure Legio XIII force that is should be very powerful. The only thing that the cohort you listed lacks is the ability to take full advantage of Coordinated Strike. Urien is a somewhat pushy gladiator with Momentum, and should be a great addition.