Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Dynamic Vs Static
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:30 am 
Noxius

As much as I love all these sculpts, I can't help feel that on the field it's going to look a bit strange having very dynamic posed figures engaging in furious combat with very static, undefensive figures.

The new trident wielder, Marcus Furius, for example looks like he is getting his photo taken.

I would have liked to have seen (or the ability to pose his arm) in a more defensive posture.

Granted they dont have to all be leaping about like Noxi and Tiet Khebi, but even Micon has more of a defined action pose.

Post subject: Re: Dynamic Vs Static
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:43 am 
Noxius

true dat! marcus furius looks horribly awful also... a muscle midget with ape like arms.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:48 pm 
Noxius

That occurs with every skirmish game. Anima Tactics, hell dorado, warmachine, infinity, etc.

some have more some have less. Each model is ultimately designed to be it's own work of stand alone art as appose to miniature games that are mass battle. I've never really found any favoritism towards of static or dynamic models. Some of my favorite models from Infinity are the more static and the not so "combat" poses.

I can see the issue of this being from a consistent combat theme game, but as someone who just enjoys to see the art from an individual stand point vs a veneer of action poses,

I quite enjoy the variety.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:26 am 
Noxius

Personally i like all the different poses of the models, i also play Infinity and their models are a painters paradise the same with Arena Rex, wether its posing for the camera or running into the fight its just a model, if you don't like it get a proxy that you do like or convert it. Yeah i know some people will have pledged for a model in their pledge manager and when the sculpt comes out they might hate it but meh that's life, not everything goes your own way.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:16 am 
Noxius

I totally agree on this, even if you do love most of the sculpts this is what i really feared for. When we made the choices of what models to make the had assured us that alot of the models, especially marcus felix would get a redesign or rather reposing. Now when i've seen the scult i desperetly want to remove the model. This sucks aswell as i like the idé of the character.

I really want models that looks like they are engaging in combat, not just standing around. :cry: