Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:49 am 
Noxius

When a clear turn is initiated, if a model is exhausted, do they go to fatigued? Or do they remove all of it?

To rephrase it... If Iocasta is exhausted on my clear turn does she go to fatigued or to ready?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:40 pm 
Crudus

Draycos wrote:
When a clear turn is initiated, if a model is exhausted, do they go to fatigued? Or do they remove all of it?

To rephrase it... If Iocasta is exhausted on my clear turn does she go to fatigued or to ready?

From the rulebook (p. 5): "During a clear turn you will not activate a model as normal. Instead each model in your cohort removes 1 fatigue, even if Exhausted."

So, your first supposition is correct.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:17 pm 
Viridis

As Gomez says, the default is that each model recovers one fatigue. So an exhausted model would go from exhausted to fatigued.

However, you mention Iocasta... and it is worth noting that the Morituri has a ludus benefit that allows them to recover all fatigue instead of just one fatigue.

So the answer to your question is your first option - unless the models in question have Morituri benefits, in which case it is your second option.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:30 pm 
Noxius

Wishing wrote:
As Gomez says, the default is that each model recovers one fatigue. So an exhausted model would go from exhausted to fatigued.

However, you mention Iocasta... and it is worth noting that the Morituri has a ludus benefit that allows them to recover all fatigue instead of just one fatigue.

So the answer to your question is your first option - unless the models in question have Morituri benefits, in which case it is your second option.

Ha! Leave it to me to pick a bad example! Yes. The first was my question. Iocasta would clear all of it. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:32 am 
Viridis

Iocasta would clear all of it - IF she had ludus benefits applied to her. Which is not guaranteed that she will. :)

Sorry for being so pedantic, but when we are talking about wanting to play accurately by the rules, best to stomp out any potential for confusion by spelling everything out in detail.

(Any model can potentially benefit from the Will of Antony effect described above, it just depends on ludus construction.)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:53 pm 
Crudus

I think you should re-write the rule book including all the information from the rules section and submit it to walker if you make a Google doc I will help where possible.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am 
Noxius

Wishing wrote:
Iocasta would clear all of it - IF she had ludus benefits applied to her. Which is not guaranteed that she will. :)

Sorry for being so pedantic, but when we are talking about wanting to play accurately by the rules, best to stomp out any potential for confusion by spelling everything out in detail.

(Any model can potentially benefit from the Will of Antony effect described above, it just depends on ludus construction.)

I do not mind! I'm very interested in playing as correctly as possible. I'm also not getting as much table time yet as I had hoped.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:06 am 
Viridis

Captain_Amerika wrote:
I think you should re-write the rule book including all the information from the rules section and submit it to walker if you make a Google doc I will help where possible.

That's a really interesting idea. Crazy ambitious - but interesting. :D

(Of course, now I have already started doing it.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:42 am 
Crudus

Wishing wrote:
Captain_Amerika wrote:

That's a really interesting idea. Crazy ambitious - but interesting. :D

(Of course, now I have already started doing it.)

i can't wait to read it!