Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:30 am 
Viridis

The rules seem relatively clear, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something here.

You get favor from taking damage to your vitality track, right? No matter how you take the damage? And you don't lose the favor when you get healed again?

I'm asking because I played a game last night where the Zephyri player used the Blood Brothers ability in a clever way as a favor generator. He would take damage on his model by using Berserk, and gain favor from his vitality track. Then on his clear turn, he would transfer that damage to another gladiator, gaining favor from the other gladiator's track. And then in the next clear turn, he would transfer the damage back to the original gladiator, getting favor from the same original vitality boxes again. Recycling the same favor vitality boxes indefinitely, without ever having to suffer damage from being attacked by an enemy.

He could basically do this every clear turn, getting an automatic favor every time. Which was kinda cool - but I'm wondering if this is intentional, or if there is something in the rules that I can't find that prevents this.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:59 am 
Viridis

No takers on this one yet?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:11 pm 
Crudus

Ah, didn't notice this thread.

How your friend used Blood Brothers is how I've always used it. It's very helpful as a way to generate favor for the faction, and it's a pretty interesting shenanigans play altogether. The only thing is that you can't disengage from it, since that is triggered by damage from an enemy.

As for the healing, yea. Same goes for any other model being healed and their effects being triggered, whether it's Anum's [star] , a model being healed by Gaius and unmarking the favor box, you name it.

Also, since [favor] is basically the crowd cheering or going wild, I'd like to think that from a flavor standpoint, the crowd sees spectacle in this brotherhood demonstrating their bond and pushing onward.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:51 pm 
Viridis

Cool. I'm happy with it, as long as that is how it is played. I just wasn't sure.

Interesting point about Disengage. I did not notice that it, in contrast with something like Second Wind, specifies that it only works when the damage has been inflicted by an enemy attack.

Doesn't that solve the pit ghost problem too? Having your vitality taken away by the pit surely is not damage from an enemy attack.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:02 pm 
Noxius

Lethal Hazards are definitely not damage caused by an attack.

On that note, its important to be aware that this is also true for Wounding Hazards. They will actually inflict their damage before the damage of the attack that moved the model into the Hazard.

Living Hazards specifically happen after the attack and have some very interesting wording on how their timing resolves.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:04 pm 
Viridis

I shouldn't have said attack in my previous reply. Disengage just says "by an enemy". Not attack. But the pit isn't an enemy either as I can tell.

So no ghost?