Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Mounted Wild Attack
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:36 pm 
Noxius

Hey guys,

Just played my first home game (I played one demo game of 3v3 before this). It was a 5v5 of my Magnus vs my father's Legio. Things weren't going well for me until I remembered that Nero should be wild attacking. His wild attack seemed very powerful and I wanted to make sure we were playing it right.

Nero and his rider were my last model. This allowed me to attack (+1 fatigue) which was two attacks (mount and rider) then I could exhaust them to do one further attack with one of them. Since they were my last model, my next turn would be a clear turn, which allowed Nero to wild attack after dropping from exhausted to fatigued. Then my next turn would have to be another clear turn, allowing me to wild attack again. This seems like a lot of attacks in quick succession with no breaks. Did we play this right?

Basically, can a beast wild attack on a clear turn even if it has a fatigue token?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Mounted Wild Attack
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:10 am 
Crudus

Just noticed this was never answered.

This came up in one of our games last weekend and that's exactly how we played it.

The restrictions on a Fatigued model are laid out in the rule book (PDF pg 4):
Fatigued (1 fatigue) - A model that begins the turn Fatigued may not activate that turn. A fatigued model may not make a reaction as long as it is Fatigued.

A wild attack is neither part of an activation nor a reaction, so a Fatigued model should be able to do it.
Makes mounted figures pretty good in this scenario since they will always go for an enemy model.