Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:08 pm 
Crudus

Hello everyone. I'm new to the game, so I apologize if this is a no-brainer question, but I would like some clarification about Hroka's War Cry.

On the card: "War Cry - Friendly models within 5 inches of this model may Reposition."

When the friendly models reposition, do they also get a free damage on an enemy model? I'm wondering if it's similar to pushing an exhausted model, where "resolving a free push" includes the one damage associated with it on the damage tree.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:21 pm 
Crudus

Revisiting this topic, but with a new question (disregard my first post, as I know now that you don't add 1 damage).

So, to discuss perhaps the most confusing result, "reposition": let's say Hroka reaches the [star] on her tree, then everyone within 5-inches of her does the Hrokey-Pokey and repositions. I assume this includes her as well, considering the wording for this is identical in idea to Gaius Pallidus' Regrowth, and he can heal himself.

So, if Hroka repositions as a result of her war cry, and it's on her activation (not a counterattack), can she clear one fatigue? On one hand, it's not a damage tree result, but on the other, it's a result that can only happen from the damage tree which acts like an AOE [reposition] .

What do you all think? I want to make sure I have it down the way it's supposed to, because A) I want to make sure I'm formulating strategies with the most knowledge possible, and B) I want to make sure I'm not using it as a busted mechanic when I really shouldn't be.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:00 pm 
Viridis

I would say that yeah, she can definitely clear a fatigue. She is repositioning during her own activation, therefore she has an activation to end, therefore it works. That it's not a normal reposition damage tree result (since it is a [star] rather than a [reposition] ) doesn't seem relevant to me - it is still a reposition that originates from a damage tree result, therefore it should work like normal.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:39 am 
Crudus

I would agree. She is repositioning during her activation, therefore she can clear fatigue if she ends up outside of engagement range at the end of it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:57 am 
Crudus

Woo! Glad to hear other people agree. I didn't want to just rule it in my favor, so outside opinions are awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:46 am 
Noxius

Hope no one minds me revisiting this. I'd also appreciate links to articles that already discuss if available. Thanks!

So, for clarity, Hroka would be the only one that would remove fatigue, correct? The others benefiting from Reposition could do so even while in a fatigued state (because they're not declaring an action) but not remove a fatigue because only Hroka is active.

The same applies to the Legio XIII tactic Maniple too, right? None of them are active?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:42 am 
Viridis

Yeah, I definitely agree that Hroka is the only one who can remove fatigue. The test for Reposition is:

"The attacking model may move 3 inches. If a model is not engaged at the end of its reposition movement, it may immediately end its activation to remove a fatigue."

This suggests to me that you can only remove fatigue is you are currently activating, since only then do you have an activation to end.

Same with Maniple. Since you use it on a clear turn, nobody is activating, and therefore nobody can remove fatigue.