Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:01 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Hermes damage tree
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:41 am 
Noxius

So with the ludus magnus benefits it states you gain one favor for reaching the bottom of the damage tree with successes left over. My question is; do you receive a favor if you reach the bottom of the shorter tree, the 2-2-favor one?

Also, since noxius can count as any ludus does he benefit from the benefits of a pure ludus?

Post subject: Re: Hermes damage tree
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:27 am 
Viridis

Just for posterity, this thead seems to be a copy of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36005

And all the discussion has taken place there. The questions still have no official answer.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:25 am 
Noxius

The AR guys did answer both directly.
We discussed it in another thread. Flourish only works at the bottom of the longest tree and Noxious can be declared as any lupus at the beginning of the game and gets their benefits

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:45 am 
Crudus

viley wrote:
The AR guys did answer both directly.
We discussed it in another thread. Flourish only works at the bottom of the longest tree and Noxious can be declared as any lupus at the beginning of the game and gets their benefits

Hmmm. Can you link us to that thread where they answered the Noxius question (or was the answer via email)? I am just asking because in another thread they answered saying Noxius would not be considered part of ludus when using ludus benefits (second post, paragraph 4 in the thread below).
viewtopic.php?t=33917

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 am 
Viridis

Yeah, but as discussed in the other thread, these answers from RRG are hearsay and the Noxius answer conflicts with the rules as written. What I meant was that we have no official answer from RRG posted here on the forum and thus on official record. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:20 am 
Noxius

Attached the email, and have honestly no idea how the Noxius ruling differs from RAW. It states he counts as a member of any Lulus. That means he is a gladiator of X or Y lupus, therefore gaining their benefits...

Attachments:
Photo Feb 23.png
Photo Feb 23.png [ 113.7 KiB | Viewed 7059 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:27 am 
Viridis

Hah, thank you for that! That is awesome. :)

I still think, as I wrote in the other thread, that personal emails can't really count as "official". We kinda need a public statement for that.

You ask how the Noxius ruling differs from RAW... the rule doesn't state that he counts as a member of any ludus. It states that he counts as a member of any ludus for the determination of ludus benefits. This is entirely different from counting as a member of that ludus during the game.

Which is why RRG posted, publically, the opposite ruling in the thread linked by Ridiqles above. The operative quote by RRG Walker being: "Unfortunately for Noxius, Expendable only counts him as a Zephyri model when determining whether Ludus Benefits apply (i.e. list building), and he is not a valid target for that reason."

So the unnamed rules expert referenced by Chelsie contradicts RRG Walker in the email cited. If both sources happen to be RRG Walker, then he contradicts himself. :) But only one of the rulings follows the rule printed on the card, and that is the ruling here on the forum.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:03 am 
Crudus

viley wrote:
Attached the email, and have honestly no idea how the Noxius ruling differs from RAW. It states he counts as a member of any Lulus. That means he is a gladiator of X or Y lupus, therefore gaining their benefits...

Thank you for providing that, and just in case it came out that way, I wasn't trying to insinuate that what you said wasn't true or anything... I just wanted to get RRG's wording ina quotable format so I could show them that they have two contradicting rulings out there that need to be reconciled.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:20 am 
Noxius

RidiQles wrote:
viley wrote:

Thank you for providing that, and just in case it came out that way, I wasn't trying to insinuate that what you said wasn't true or anything... I just wanted to get RRG's wording ina quotable format so I could show them that they have two contradicting rulings out there that need to be reconciled.

No offense taken :)
I guess it can go either way but I do still believe it would make sense if he could benefit from the benefits, kinda what makes the character special. Hopefully we'll get a final answer soon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:15 pm 
Viridis

viley wrote:
I guess it can go either way but I do still believe it would make sense if he could benefit from the benefits, kinda what makes the character special.

I certainly don't see any reason why he shouldn't, doesn't seem like a problem to me if he could, even though the rule isn't worded that way.