Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:33 am 
Crudus

Yes, did not have my rules here. They clearly state that the +3 damage for wounding are only for the first time you push someone into the wounding hazard.
So I can, per activation only do it twice.
First Attack, Micon goes throgh his whole tree, doing 11 damage plus 2 fatigue (one from damage tree, one from hazard). And the second attack going through the whole damage tree the same: 11 damage plus 2 fatigue (being irrelevant since you can only go up to exhausted).
So that is 22 damage "only".

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:55 pm 
Viridis

Yep, that sounds about right. When I've been looking through the cards, I've come to the conclusion that most warriors can do something between 9-12 maximum total damage in one attack if they go through their whole damage tree. That's without the +3 for the lethal hazard.

That amount of damage seems hard to actually achieve though - not only do you only score successes on the average of 50% of your attack dice, the opponent also gets their defense against it, and then the damage is reduced by armour. So I figure that a good solid hit from an attack will maybe do 3-4 damage or something like that in a normal situation? And then you could double that for an activation, if you say that you attack twice and get two good hits in. I haven't played yet, so just speculating.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:09 pm 
Crudus

Favor can definitely boost that. In either direction. So I would assume the average ranges in at about 5-6 damage after armor. But if you really push it, you can insta-kill a gladiator with a little bit of luck. And it also always depends on whether the target is exhausted.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:22 pm 
Noxius

We played a couple games earlier today. I had two memorable rolls. Rolled six attack dice with one additional favor die, rolled 8 successes (twice). Basically killed two gladiators with those two shots. Throw in some damaging terrain and it would have been even more epic.

Funny but I don't seem to remember the bad rolls.