Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Gorgon Benefits
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:08 am 
Viridis

I was looking at the Gorgon benefits card and how it says "Gorgon Benefits are only available to a cohort composed strictly of Medusa, Stheno and Euryale".

Pretty clear. You need only these three and all three if you want to get the benefits.

Since all three gorgons are two-stage warriors, the Gorgon cohort is always six cards, it seems. What I was pondering just now was a situation where we decide to play a smaller game, and my opponent is fielding a cohort of four cards.

I can clearly build myself a cohort of any two of the three gorgons and have a matching four-card cohort. But this all-gorgon cohort wouldn't get the Gorgon Benefits, because the benefits require that all three be present together.

Nothing wrong with this rules-wise. My pondering was just about if there is a reason that they don't get the option to gain the benefits if they aren't all there. Is it because of characterfulness - they get their benefits from the Power of the Three Sisters United - or is it because the benefits seem too strong for a smaller game?

I ask because I like the idea of the "Gorgon school", and think it would be cool if it was more flexible and not always 100% the same. The fixed trio is really cool, but I like the idea of a dynamic duo also, and how there are three different possible combinations in the duo configuration.

I'm not actually sure which version I would prefer, so I'm not unhappy with the current version, just wondering if the two-gorgon option of the benefits had ever been on the table.

Post subject: Re: Gorgon Benefits
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:27 am 
Crudus

the benefits are a lot to deal with in a 4 card game I think. At least from my limited testing out of the using 2 of the 3 sisters.