Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:48 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: reposition questions
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:05 pm 
Noxius

Hello,

1. When you have a [push] happen after a [reposition] move do you have to be in engagement range for the [push] movement to happen, or does engagement range only matter for the start of the attack?

2. When you [reposition] outside of engagement and choose to remove (1) fatigue can this be done to an exhausted model?

2A. If you choose to remove the fatigue from a [reposition] what happens when you immediately end your activation? I'm assuming you stop applying any more successes farther down the damage tree, apply the damage done so far and move onto the next player?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: reposition questions
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:23 pm 
Founder of the Republic

komabai wrote:
1. When you have a happen after a move do you have to be in engagement range for the movement to happen, or does engagement range only matter for the start of the attack?

Engagement must be maintained to continue down the tree. Followup movement is part of the push resolution, so basically check between each success.

komabai wrote:
2. When you outside of engagement and choose to remove (1) fatigue can this be done to an exhausted model?

Yes, but due to the above you lose any additional successes after the reposition in this case.

komabai wrote:
2A. If you choose to remove the fatigue from a what happens when you immediately end your activation? I'm assuming you stop applying any more successes farther down the damage tree, apply the damage done so far and move onto the next player?

You've got it. :D

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:30 am 
Noxius

It's good to hear it works as I assumed. Nothing worse than showing off a new game at the LGS and getting the rules wrong:)

The main thing that was tripping me up was the fatigue can only be removed from an exhausted model during a clear turn or with a special ability. Just wasn't sure if the reposition counted as a special ability or not.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:09 am 
Crudus

Further question:
When you use the Zaphyri tactic to repositon everyone, do you get to remove fatigue if they end it unengaged?

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:27 am 
Founder of the Republic

ripper.mcguirl wrote:
Further question:
When you use the Zaphyri tactic to repositon everyone, do you get to remove fatigue if they end it unengaged?

No. You only remove fatigue if you have an activation to end (the caveat for reactions applies here, too). That really should be part of the wording of the rule, not just the caveat -- we'll clean it up when we do our next edit pass. ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:33 am 
Noxius

I don't see a Zephyri tactic that allows Reposition. I know that Legio XIII have the Maniple tactic which allows all models to Reposition. I guess you must be referring to using the Brave tactic to get one net success while using Hagal, who is the only one in the Cohort to have Reposition as a first success.

As it's stated in the rulebook (pg 8 in PDF) under the Caveat models not performing Repostion during their activations do not benefit from removing fatigue. The second sentence that allows removal of fatigue requires ending of an activation.

So in both the cases of the Legio XIII using Maniple and Hagal using Brave I don't believe you would be allowed to remove fatigue as a result of ending the Reposition out of engagement.

Edit: Ninja'd

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:49 pm 
Crudus

Gha! Yeah, I meant the XIII tactic, but the answer is the same. I assumed as much, because of the caveat, but wasn't sure.
Thanks!