Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Disengange ability
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:11 pm 
Noxius

According to the rulebook, all damage is totaled after the Damage Tree effects are resolved, defenderĀ“s ARM is deducted, and Vitality boxes are marked.

The Disengage special ability says that every Favor box in the Vitality track can be used for Favor or to make a free Move Action. This implies that the Free Move can only be made if the model survives, correct? I note this because after a first read of the rule I assumed the model could walk out of the attackerĀ“s punishment, but now I think not.

Also, if more than one Favor box is marked, can the model make more than one Free Move action because of it?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Disengange ability
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:22 pm 
Noxius

My interpretation of Disengage, from when we first encountered this same scenario of run away to avoid the rest of the damage, was all the damage from the first hit still goes thru. If you are still alive after this and have marked a Favor on the vitality track then you run off to avoid the potential next hit.

Post subject: Re: Disengange ability
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:37 pm 
Founder of the Republic

All of the damage is applied at once, so disengage does not prevent any damage from the attack that triggers it. If you want to take advantage of disengage multiple times for multiple move actions that's fine, but remember that for each move action you are sacrificing a favor.