Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:36 am 
Noxius

Sorry if the Subject line is goofy... for some reason I can't see what I am typing there! Any way we have a small 6 man tournament at the local store!

We had two Cato led Exili lists, two Ludus Magnus lists, one Zephyri, and one Legio.

We played three rounds and the Exili list took 1st place, followed by Legio, then Ludus Magnus, Exili beast heavy, Ludus Magnus, and finally Zephyri.

The Exili lists were interesting and different. the Beast heavy list was a playing around list and had riders and mounts with Cato and a single figure... the player is waiting to get Cato on the Komodo dragon so he can do all cavalry! :)

The tourney was very scenario based with lots of variation. The lists of the scenarios are below. The Chariots scenario was the most boring and needs a little work on scoring. Everyone liked the tentacles and it seemed the most balanced! The wolves need to have some tweaking... probably two wolves instead of three.

Overall it seemed like everyone like the event and having something other than beating each other to submission. I will try and post the scenario write ups and special beasts we used.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:12 am 
Noxius

Shintaibane wrote:
Sorry if the Subject line is goofy... for some reason I can't see what I am typing there! Any way we have a small 6 man tournament at the local store!

We had two Cato led Exili lists, two Ludus Magnus lists, one Zephyri, and one Legio.

We played three rounds and the Exili list took 1st place, followed by Legio, then Ludus Magnus, Exili beast heavy, Ludus Magnus, and finally Zephyri.

The Exili lists were interesting and different. the Beast heavy list was a playing around list and had riders and mounts with Cato and a single figure... the player is waiting to get Cato on the Komodo dragon so he can do all cavalry! :)

The tourney was very scenario based with lots of variation. The lists of the scenarios are below. The Chariots scenario was the most boring and needs a little work on scoring. Everyone liked the tentacles and it seemed the most balanced! The wolves need to have some tweaking... probably two wolves instead of three.

Overall it seemed like everyone like the event and having something other than beating each other to submission. I will try and post the scenario write ups and special beasts we used.

I'm hoping I can get in on this soon too I have a cohort, just needs some brush love :)

...win!

https://whencannonsfade.net/ - my blog

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:53 am 
Viridis

I want the rules for wolves, tentacles and chariots! :D

Also, Cato is not available to buy yet, right? So the people who have him got him at the con prerelease? (or on ebay?)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:48 am 
Noxius

Both players picked them up at Adepticon.

I am trying to upload the sheets here (we didn't have time to make them into cards but are working on that!) but it didn't work. I will try to up load the sheets and scenarios to Facebook when I have the chance.

I will say that I made the rules for them to specifically be living hazards (especially the tentacles) and not for use as beasts in lists. The Chariots in particular were kept to a strict movement pattern they circled the arena.

Things we learned... multiple living hazards can lead to nasty results with the right pushes.

Having a living hazard centered on a lethal hazard can be... well lethal!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:20 am 
Viridis

Hazards upon hazards! It must be the end times!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:35 pm 
Noxius

There were a couple players who thought that as the pack of wolves ripped up some of their Gladiators! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:26 am 
Noxius

I am not the most techno-savvy but here is a link to my Google Drive with the scenario write ups and living hazard profiles. Cards for the profiles will be coming.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... M_acq43V1J

Of note the Daemonis Inferius base size will be 50mm not 60mm. Also in scenario "Saltare cum Diaboli" the tentacle of the demon is placed in the center of the pit not the edge nearest the duel zone.

Chariots did not have a base size as they were rectangular and I didn't measure...

Let me have some feedback as I would like to improve these if possible.