Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:37 am 
Noxius

Looking hot!

We know Swift and Intercept ... what could Drag be?
My guess is likely a 1" Pull for both Atrox and the victim.

Also a look at 2018 later this year ...

From the Facebook Post :
Another Ides passes - We have spent the last year expanding our travel and distribution quite a bit, and have gotten to meet a great crowd of folks who love Arena Rex! This year is going to be even more exciting, with a vigorous release schedule. In fact, not only have we been hard at work on the Greeks (some of which will be on display at Adepticon), but in addition we have a pending new release, a pre-release, and a preview in the case that have nothing to do with the Hellenic League. Even the tournaments at Adepticon and Gencon this year will open up new ways to explore the growing world of Arena Rex. A huge thanks to everyone who has helped to make Arena Rex what it is today, and get ready for a whole new world in the coming year!

What do you guys think?

Attachments:
File comment: ATROX
Atrox-StatCard-v1.jpg
Atrox-StatCard-v1.jpg [ 44.85 KiB | Viewed 7151 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:22 pm 
Noxius

I am guessing pull is the opposite of push. (duh :D ). A move directly away from the target and then forcing the target to follow-up. At first I thought 1" was too short a distance, but I see its on the damage tree twice. So 1" seems about right.

I am scared by the stripes. I've painted one other tiger and those stripes are no joke. Tough to make them look right.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:15 pm 
Viridis

He seems to have very weak stats. Low move, only 5 attack, high defense but zero armour. 13 health is okay, but not great. So I guess the interesting thing will be how well you can use that Drag...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:36 pm 
Noxius

He's.... not.... great? Depends on Drag I guess. Maybe it also generates Favor?

He's slow, not terribly accurate, and while not the WORST defensive model in the game, isn't particularly durable. Damage is above average. I think it really depends on how well Drag and Intercept work together.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:44 pm 
Viridis

So now we have the rules, and the Drag is three inches. First a move three inches in any direction, then drag (push) the target directly towards Atrox. And it can do it twice per attack. Hmm.

So it is basically a lot like Zahra and her whip. You can use them both to pull things towards things, rather than having to push them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:36 pm 
Crudus

First, where are you guys seeing the rules for new models? I'm not finding them anywhere.

Second, I don't think words can adequately express how disappointing that model is. I have been hyped out of my mind for a tiger for my arena for months. I think that the amazingly realistic beast models are one of the things that pushes this game so far out in front of others for me, so I was waiting and waiting for a badass tiger that matched the cornered ferocity of Atrox's art.

What we got... isn't that.

From a technical standpoint I guess the body is solid if utterly uninspiring, but the head-on image posted on the AR Facebook page shows how totally wrong the cat's face is: nose too humanoid, eyes somehow flat and bulging from their sockets, head too large for the body, muzzle the wrong dimensions, ruff too undefined... I mean, there's literally nothing that works about it.

IMO Atrox plus Tribune make two thoroughly failed sculpts in the past year. And when you're releasing 4-5 models a year (even considering how awesome Ywain and Dextarius are) that's a pretty rough success rate. I know with his track record MIKH is probably never doing an AR model again, so I didn't expect something quite to the standard of Leo/Nero/Caho-Ta. But I think Patrick Masson (who did Dextarius) would have gotten a lot closer than what was produced.

When you're charging premium prices and promising super high quality boutique resin pieces, you've GOT to deliver. And they just didn't do that here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:05 pm 
Noxius

Unfortunately I agree with you on Atrox's model. I don't think I'll be getting this one if it's priced the same way.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:03 pm 
Viridis

The rules were posted on facebook, but they are also already on the wiki.

http://arenarex.wikia.com/wiki/Atrox

I sadly agree about the model. It looks very stiff, static and uncharacterful. Kind of like one of those rubber animal models for kids you get in toy stores. Since I'm used to loving almost all of the AR models, and we have been waiting for the model for a long time, it is disappointing. I wonder if it is possible to find a dynamic looking tiger model in the right scale from another manufacturer...

On the plus side, we get a totally suprise giant lizard beast, which looks really great. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:47 pm 
Crudus

Wishing wrote:
The rules were posted on facebook, but they are also already on the wiki.

http://arenarex.wikia.com/wiki/

Thanks!

Wishing wrote:
On the plus side, we get a totally suprise giant lizard beast, which looks really great. :)

Agree 100%. Cato and Ladon both look awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:10 pm 
Noxius

Drag makes him super interesting at least. It’s technically possible to trigger a pit kill with. Way more important though is how interesting he is as a terrain piece. Knocking someone into him to be dragged away is pretty cool.

I need to see more of the model but definitely a disappointment compared to the artwork. The prowling pose is cool but in a game where everything looks ferocious and dynamic he feels very bland.