Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:19 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:06 am 
Noxius

Ok RRG,

So getting the boards up and running, seeing several new WIP shots, and having an almost finalized list of who is sculpting what is really really exciting. But I have been wondering for a while now, what is the schedule going to be like for this summer? I'm hoping that we are still going to get some behind the scenes glimpses at what you folks have going on over the next little while. My main curiosity though is when will the summer playtest be starting and how long will it be running for? I know that it was stated probably sometime in July or August and that I am maybe being a little impatient but I am just so excited to finally get a taste of this amazing product and was hoping that we would have seen some information about how this is going to unfold by now.

Anyway I realize that you folks are definitely busy between working full time jobs and making this game happen (though I hope that we can make this game your full time job), and that though I hope you folks are keeping an eye on the forums I understand that the above is a reality.

So what is everyone else itching to see and hear about in the coming months? What updates are you waiting most excitedly for? And what are you doing to help you be a little more patient than me?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:05 pm 
Noxius

Oddly enough, I've spent today drawing up a couple Arena designs for the eventual play-test. I got some cheap Pegasus 1:72 scale gladiators off Amazon the other day ($10!) and will likely mock up some 1/2 size arenas for testing the summer beta, and my build methods. With any luck, once the play-test completes, there'll be just enough time to scale up revised designs before the official models hit.

I'll also be working on my painting skills as time permits. I'd love to enter a team of gladiators into either the Historical or Fantasy squad categories in the Crystal Brush at Adepticon 2014.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:35 pm 
Noxius

Speaking of updates, is it just me or is the link to the Lupa WIP that was added when the forum launched not working?

I have seen the work dated from April, but seeing that link there made me think there was a further update to the sculpt.