Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:10 am 
Noxius

Just FYI for everyone that lives in the general area I will be running a tournament at Hometown Comics in Greenfield, IN on March 10 @ 1:00. Bring a 4 stage cohort. Unpainted models are allowed but completely finished models will receive an in game bonus. There will be a $5 entry fee. I hope to see you there!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:02 pm 
Noxius

I have no way of participating in this tournament, but I'm just curious, what kind of in game bonus were you thinking of?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:02 pm 
Noxius

Nothing major, usually I give fully painted and based cohorts an extra favor die each game, so instead of starting with 3 they have 4.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:27 pm 
Noxius

Oh okay, that's cool! Good way to promote painted models!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:01 am 
Noxius

DanV. wrote:
Just FYI for everyone that lives in the general area I will be running a tournament at Hometown Comics in Greenfield, IN on March 10 @ 1:00. Bring a 4 stage cohort. Unpainted models are allowed but completely finished models will receive an in game bonus. There will be a $5 entry fee. I hope to see you there!

That's so cool, Dan. Sadly, I have no way of attending. It's just too far for me. Any plans of taking some footage and uploading it to youtube by any chance?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:03 am 
Noxius

Just a few more details for the upcoming tournament at HomeTown Comics in Greenfield, IN on March 10, starting @ 1pm:
The players will be scored as follows per game; Wins=10 pts, a draw is worth 5 and a loss is worth 3. Players will also gain one bonus point for every point of hazard damage they inflict, which will add into their overall game score.
There will be three rounds of games, 1st round players will be paired off at random then on subsequent rounds players will be paired based on scores (the two highest scoring players will face off, then the next highest, etc). The scenarios played will be standard munera scenarios (sorry I meant to have a special scenario playtested out for this tournament but real life got in the way) with one wounding hazard and one pit in each arena.
A note on calculating hazard damage in regard to pits: scoring players will receive one point for every remaining point of damage left on the pit victim's track. For example, Ban Luca gets chuc (if I remeber correctly), the attacking player will score 6 points of hazard damage. In the rare case of a multi card model getting pushed into a pit (maybe Medusa or Stheno) on their first card, the attacker will score full points for whatever health is remaining on both cards!
The overall highest scoring player will get first preference at the prize pull table, then the next highest scoring player, etc. A bonus pull will be given to the player who inflicted the most hazard damage! This pull will happen when said player does their regular prize pull.
Prizes: Ther will be small door prizes for everyone who enters, and there will be a variety of prizes for players after the tourney is over. (Sorry guys, I could not afford to do all figures this time! Ther will be a few figures but there will also be t-shirts, tokens, gaming mats and a few other things to choose from). There will also be a grand prize raffle for everyone who plays. One lucky winner will take home an awesome arena wall set from Khepri Creations!
Hope to see you there!
------------Dan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:40 am 
Noxius

...and as usual fully painted and based cohorts will start each game with 4 favor dice instead of 3!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:24 pm 
Noxius

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who made the trip to Hometown Comics! We had a great time at the tournament with a respectable turnout of 9 players from all over! And congrats to BradDenney for winning the arena walls from Khepri Creations!