Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:29 pm 
Noxius

I throw myself on the good will and mercy of you, the fine purveyors of this forum. I have a good start with my Arena Rex collection, focussing on Ludus Magnus. I want to treat myself and get a few more models during the 15% off sale. Being as there seems to be no one else in my immediate area that plays, I haven't even played a game. But I want to build my collection and prepare for Adepticon.

So, question: based on what I have, what five additional models would you buy to bolster what I already have, focussing on Ludus?

Current collection:

Ludus Magnus
- Infelix
- Lupa (Kickstarter/Con Exclusive)
- Marcus Furius
- Micon
- Septimus
- Tribune

Legio XIII
- Aquila
- Ban-Luca
- Gaius Pallidus
- Sulla

Morituri
- Iocasta

Beasts
-Acerbus
-Leo

Currently in my web shopping cart, ready to buy, I have:
- Hermes
- Otho Mentulus
- Nero

What additional models should I have to make my Ludus play experience as flexible and enjoyable as possible? You don't even need to say why. Just throwing out model names will work.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:54 am 
Noxius

Let me amend my question. It looks like with the models I have, it won't take much to get the entire Ludus Magnus. So assuming I have the entire ludus, what are the out-of-ludus models that would really bolster and support Ludus Magnus?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:33 am 
Crudus

Viatrix-She is IMO one of the best LM models. She has fantastic stats and a useful ability.

Urbicus-Another useful LM model. He's not flashy, but is very solid and stable. He will do work.

Noxius- Great hitting power, and super fast. Plus the ability to apply to any cohort, makes him useful to all Ludus.

Proximo- Barking is a great control ability useful for any Ludus, but really makes the LM favor advantage even greater. Plus it's a Titan, which has the advantage of being immune to pushes.

Wendigo- Another great set of crowd control abilities, plus also a 1 Stage Titan, so you gain the benefits of being a Titan without the typical added card cost, freeing up space for another model.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:37 am 
Viridis

Hmm. I feel bad that nobody has answered, so here goes.

I feel like when you play AR, most of the fighters do a lot of their work solo, because you activate them one at a time and independently. So there isn't a huge amount of mutual synergy between the different fighters. But there is some amount of combo stuff that you can work with. Which I assume is what the nature of your question revolves around.

So a model with Momentum, like Septimus, which gives you better control of which directions you can push in, could work well with another model with Coordinated Strike, like Ban-Luca, which gives bonuses for pushing enemies into them. And you already have both of these.

Of stuff you don't have, I personally like Frigge. She has a really cool ability called Retaliate, which works well when she is assisting a model with high defense. So she can be great at assisting the ARM 0 Micon, for example.

Other than that, I really like Dextarius. Not for any combos, I just think he is solid and fun.

P.S. Walrus just ninjaed me, but since we recommend different things I guess that works!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:43 am 
Crudus

Hah, good timing.

I will add a second vote for Frigge also. Can't believe I didn't at least mention her. She is very helpful and my personal favorite gladiator.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:22 am 
Noxius

Thank you! Seems to be some great suggestions there. I appreciate it.