Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:31 am 
Noxius

Hey All,

Josh from CGN here...we are going to be doing bat reps and some other items around Arena Rex. We did an intro/unboxing, a learning game, and a few bat reps at Valhalla this past week.

The unboxing is edited and uploaded, the others are in process. Enjoy in the meantime!

Intro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbhTPND5rKE&t=3s

Valhalla:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGZGcpdkbS4&t=34s

Last edited by CGN_Josh on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:24 am 
Viridis

Hehehe, cool guys. Nice name. :D

Looks good. Some thoughts:

In the beginning of the intro video you say that the game can be played with anywhere between one and seven models, which seems a little random. The rulebook doesn't talk about model numbers as far as I can tell, but the "Game" section of the AR website says "You can get started playing Arena Rex with only 3 models per side. The standard game size is 5 minis per player, a battle of this size usually takes about 45 minutes."

Playing a game of just one model vs. one model might be interesting to try though. Never considered that option. :)

Anum seems really popular for some reason!

Super strange that Acerbus comes with two heads of different sizes. I don't get that at all. Can anyone explain?

But I love the way you have made Acerbus leap into the air in your assembled model. It looks very fragile but extremely dynamic!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:59 am 
Viridis

Okay, I checked it out and it does seem to be a thing that Acerbus comes with two different options for rhino heads. It just doesn't say that in the webstore or anywhere else that I can see. But looking at the model in the webstore, and the model by Gomez, it is clear to see that these are two different heads.

Attachments:
Rhinoheads.jpg
Rhinoheads.jpg [ 40.95 KiB | Viewed 7404 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:13 am 
Noxius

That's great guys! Thanks for doing that!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:20 am 
Noxius

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for the feedback. We were kind of doing it on the fly, jetlagged and up late! but we wanted to get ahead and get the video out.

We are out of Chicago and have a great group of people playing in the burbs, our local store is Grognard Games. We just had a tournament there while we were in Valhalla.

We have 3 bat reps being edited at the moment (maybe 1 more)..one of them has a 4 player free for all with a special guest star!

I picked Acerbus's head by figuring out which one needed the least amount of work to get the head flush and nice looking.

Thanks for all the kind comments, we intend to have a bat rep or vid about Arena Rex each week!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:48 pm 
Founder of the Republic

The secret of the heads is that we really wanted one that was clearly and identifiably a real rhino. The other one has a bit more of a dinosaur feel for it, but we thought it was cool, too. So we asked the sculptor for the original head and a revision, so we could include both!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:37 pm 
Noxius

Cool little factoid. thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:14 pm 
Noxius

Wish you all could have made it to Grognards last weekend but we are looking to do another one ssoon, hopefully in December!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:57 pm 
Crudus

RRG_walker wrote:
The secret of the heads is that we really wanted one that was clearly and identifiably a real rhino. The other one has a bit more of a dinosaur feel for it, but we thought it was cool, too. So we asked the sculptor for the original head and a revision, so we could include both!

Just FYI, if you check the Googles, it's pretty clear that one head is based on the black rhinoceros (pointed lip) and the other on the white rhinoceros (square lip).

(And I think I might be the only person who has used the [IMO] vastly superior black rhino head).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:46 am 
Viridis

Gomez wrote:
(And I think I might be the only person who has used the [IMO] vastly superior black rhino head).

Not anymore, since the cool guys did too. :)