Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: New release schedule
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:22 am 
Noxius

I really could not offer a guess who it will be, but am sure it will be accompanied by a stellar model for me to buyyyyy

In place of good guesses, how about shots in the dark?

Magnus feels pretty cohesive so far

Legio has a collected theme, with GP standing out a bit.

Don't know Morit that well myself, but they already have a subfaction so less likely?

Zephyri has the most diverse cast so far imho, and would love to see them developed.

Super excited to see what they do though!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:01 am 
Noxius

Ludas Magnus or Zephyri most likely.

Ludas Magnus has the largest cast and has a few themes you could create a subfaction out of.

Zephyri is part norse/part tribal or native

one thing of note is that the Wendigo is not connected to any faction or subfaction because it is not a beast either.

Wendigo also has backstory that ties it to Zephyri despite having no in game rules tying them together.

Rumors tell of a longship gliding into a misty fjord with only a small, wide-eyed boy on board. There was no sign of the crew, and the severely malnourished boy died within days. Food and fire did nothing to fill his belly or warm his blood. Soon after, men and beasts began disappearing, with nothing but piles of cracked and gnawed bones ever recovered. Tales of a dark spirit from Atlantis began to circulate, and strange sightings began to occur -- occasionally one of these ravenous creatures can be drawn into the arena to shock and terrify the crowds.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:08 pm 
Noxius

DakkaDakka12 wrote:
one thing of note is that the Wendigo is not connected to any faction or subfaction because it is not a beast either.

I may be wrong, but isn't Proximo in the same boat as the Wendigo? Or does it have a subfaction? I'm just getting into the game so I'm probably missing something.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:30 am 
Viridis

One weird shot in the dark is that a subfaction might be Noxius themed... in that the ludus benefits might say "You can field more than one Noxius in your cohort". I'm thinking this because he has always seemed like the gladiator that was least unique and mostly felt like a "type", since his name is a category of gladiator and not a personal name.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:22 pm 
Crudus

I feel that in order for it to work well, a subfaction has to be tied to some sort of trait found on the cards already. Otherwise the subfaction card would need to list all the models that belong to it, which would mean it would have to be errata’ed in order to add newer models as they come out. That just doesn’t seem quite as elegant.

If that’s the case, then a Titan subfaction seems the most logical. I just don’t know what special rules they would get as Titans already seem pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:58 pm 
Viridis

I think I agree, but we only have two subfactions so far, and one of them has all of the inelegant traits that you list here. The Gorgon school lists the specific models that can be in it, and if they ever wanted to add any new ones, they would have to errata the card. But it seems like the intention is that they are going to be the three sisters forever.

The Bestiae school is the one that can be expanded with new beasts, but that's the only example we have of that. Since most of the titans are also beasts, a hypothetical titan subfaction would overlap a lot with the Bestiae. That would seem kinda weird to me. Like if I could field Sereqet, Dextarius, Nero, and either Anum or the new guy, and they could be either subfaction, depending on which final guy I select... seems like too much redundancy.

But I'm also struggling for ideas. I agree with you that it seems more likely that a new group would be expandable rather than be composed of specific members, because I can't think of who those specific members might be.

If the new group is expandable, I imagine it would focus on a special rule rather than a model type. For example, any models with the Hated rule, or the Swift rule, or the Hot-Blooded rule. Something like that. I dunno.

It will probably be something we just cannot predict...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:46 am 
Viridis

It's January, which means the countdown to Atrox is underway! I wonder if we will get a model preview at some point, or will he just appear in the webstore as though from nothing?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:03 am 
Crudus

I hope we get a preview or something. I would actually like to see some more design spotlight articles on some of the newer releases. I think Bjarrhvit was the last model to get that treatment.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:18 am 
Viridis

Indeed. And the Bjarrhvit spotlight was in Nov 2015. Long time ago. :)

I'm gonna keep posting because I am excited. Tiger! It's now January 10th. I hope it is tiger preview or release day soon!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:16 am 
Viridis

I can has tiger?