Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:33 pm 
Noxius

Being that Arena Rex is still a rather small community I really only have one person I play against regularly. They often run Morituri and play very defensively- tending to keep their cohort in a big blob and slowly marching it up the arena.

Anyone have suggestions for dealing with this strategy? I know it could depend a lot on specific models, but even just more generally. I tend to play either Ludus Magnus or Zephyri if that helps. I struggle more against with Zephyri, because it seems like if I don't want to spend a chunk of time dancing around the board I have to engage first and whoever does gets pounced on hard.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:06 pm 
Noxius

Grab yourself a rhino and plow right through that blob. Only gets worse for them stage 2 with rampage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:49 am 
Viridis

Hmm. If you get to always attack first, because they are just waiting for you to come to them, then you should be able to dictate your terms. That doesn't always help, but... what I might do is attack the blob with Hroka on Caho-Ta. They can do a lot of damage with their double attack on the charge. And hopefully you should be able to do damage and then reposition away, clearing fatigue as you do.

Then you would get free damage at them at no cost. And if they send someone to attack her, she has no fatigue, so she can either counterattack or just do a move reaction and move 8 inches away.