Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:15 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:45 pm 
Noxius

I'm just jumping into arena rex and the zephyri stood out to me based on models and the sound of their playstyle. However, I definitely enjoy the fact that the game lets you use models from any faction. Are there any models that stand out as having any cool synergies with Zephyri or fill any gaps they're missing? Looking through the rules for models it seems like someone tanky like Viatrix could be really cool with assists from Frigge. Even though Zephyri have plenty of options for damage, someone like Tiet-Khebi could do some really cool stuff if she's able to trigger her death trigger. And then someone like Thoth, although much of his card doesn't bring much, could bring something very powerful like Libra which could have big impact in the favor starved Zephyri.

Have you guys found any cool/fun/or synergistic gladiators to pair with the Zephyri?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:29 pm 
Noxius

Viatrix immediately sprang to mind as a good splash for Zephyri. The other things I think you'd potentially want is some favor generation from someone like Aquila or an excellent pusher like Micon or Zahra.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:41 pm 
Crudus

I personally like Gaius Pallidus for his amazing support ability. I like to use the Blood Brothers tactic a lot as a favor generator, and Gaius's ability can help you perpetuate the damage sharing. In addition, the Zephyri tend to be a bit on the fragile side, so any additional vitality can help you stay alive, even just an activation longer than otherwise.

I also agree with Viatrix, simply because she is one of the overall best gladiators in the game (IMHO).