Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:29 am 
Crudus

I managed to get a game in over the holiday weekend with my Zephyri, and while I had a great time, I was ultimately defeated.

I was running Bjarrhvit, Frigge, and Sven, vs Otho, Urbicus, and Hermes.

The match started well enough. I managed to dance around and isolate Urbicus and take him out early. Which left me focusing on Otho, due to not being able to effectively target Hermes, for lack of Favor. I lost Bjarrhivt to some unlucky dice rolls, and Sven pulled his own against Otho, but ultimately fell next. Frigge cleaned up Otho, but was left with an untouched Hermes in last man standing, who managed to finish off Frigge in two attacks.

I found that Hermes was a thorn in my side the entire game, as I felt incredibly Favor starved, and there really wasn't much I could do to him until he was last.

So, was my target priority off? Any suggestions for dealing with Hermes with Zephyri?

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:35 pm 
Noxius

I love running Otho and Hermes together!

As the Zephyri player, I think it really comes down to positioning. It's possible to engage Hermes and not Otho, so you can still make those attacks. If you can position Bjarrhvit correctly as well, Hermes won't be able to react at all to the attack.

Another trick that my buddy has used to great effect against me is Ambush. I usually feel like Hermes is pretty safe next to Otho, so I'll often power attack, or attack twice, and not worry about the exhaustion. If you can engage Hermes, and not Otho, on a clear turn, you can use Ambush to get 1 free success, plus a push and another success since I'm exhausted. He usually does it with Bjarrhvit too. She is a big base, and her first success is a push, so she can usually move an enemy twice if needed, and make them hit another friendly model for a third success.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:59 pm 
Crudus

As a Zephyri player, let me say: there are few things I hate seeing on the other team than Hermes&Otho together.

MysteriousRacer_X said some solid stuff in regards to tactics, but as someone who's faced this combo many times, my main advice is KILL OTHO.
Or, at least deal with him and keep him out of the fray.

The only time I wouldn't target Otho first is if there was a high damage glass cannon like Infelix. Otho seriously just fucks up the Zephyri so hard; not being able to berserk when hear him is just depressing.
Urbicus can go down easy (it's happened to me), but in general, he's fairly durable when you consider his vitality and armor together, not to mention he can counterattack when fatigued, making him great at stalling encounters.

Also, I'd love input from anyone else on this - does anyone think the Zephyri are underwhelming in 3v3s? I love them in matches of 5+ models, but in threes, they don't really get to shine. Not saying they haven't done well, but it's usually lackluster compared to my Magnus cohort in 3v3 matches.