Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Favorite Living Hazards
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:42 pm 
Noxius

So, I ran into a problem with Leo lately. I want to run him in my cohort, but people love having living hazards on the field so much I never get to. I think he's pretty perfect for the role but I was wondering what other people like to use and what I can get mostly as a terrain piece so I can have Gaius run with his pet lion from time to time.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:26 pm 
Crudus

You can get a second Leo to run in your cohort. They are technically unique characters, but both players could legally field a Leo in their cohort, so I see no issue with having one Inuit cohort and one as a Living Hazard.

I fee that Leo is by far the best one... maybe followed by Acerbus if there are pits or other Hazards strewn about that he can push players into.
Nero was surprisingly lackluster when I used him as a Living Hazard before.

I haven't used Próximo yet, but I think no he would be pretty awesome as a Living Hazard.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:46 pm 
Noxius

Acerbus was what I was leaning towards. Being able to choose between damage and pushing seems good and getting 2 favor from a lucky roll is an exciting bonus. All of his rules are also relevant as a hazard, which seems good. I think Nero would be more exciting if Rush worked on his attacks, but without Septimus's additional attack I can see where he'd disappoint. He was up there on my list though just for thematic reasons.

Proximo seems interesting. Spectacle is cool in that it gives you something for actually attacking the hazard, but I doubt its enough to be worth taking the hit back. How does Barking work with a hazard? Is everything considered an enemy or does it only kick in when its triggered or what? Wasn't sure on that. Being able to Fatigue a model with him is interesting, but kind of redundant with Wounding Hazards.

The horses seem like odd choices. Not mechanically bad; just not flavorful. Serequet seems thematically cool, but kind of useless as a hazard unfortunately, with all of her abilities not functioning.

Last edited by LunarSol on Thu May 18, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:08 pm 
Viridis

I have not yet used a living hazard in any of my games. I would like to some day.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:49 pm 
Noxius

They're fun. They're kind of like extremely large wounding hazards, but at the same time I think they're more fairly implemented than wounding hazards.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:09 am 
Viridis

By the way, there was a question earlier... I think Barking would consider all other models to be enemy models, and "engaged" I think means "within 1 inch of". So if Proximo is a living hazard, then any model within 1 inch of Proximo would have to discard a favor every time they spend favor, no matter when or how they spend it. That's my interpretation.