Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: Terrain Placement
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:48 am 
Viridis

Hmm, good point. If you say that the one with more vitality wins a tie, then it will just be the one with more vitality that would run away. Even though he would most likely win a fight with the wounded one, he will definitely win by not fighting.

Instead of adding those incentives for not running away that you suggest, why not just go all out and say that it is not possible for a LMS to end any voluntary movement further away from an enemy model than when they started? Once you go LMS, it's death or glory... no incentives, just a ban on running away.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:09 am 
Crudus

You could do that, but I prefer the incentives simply because they still make it a strategic decision (do I take the penalty for better positioning or do I go all in?) rather than a forced one.
If you do go with your option though, I think it would need to be once BOTH players go LMS. If you make that restriction happen when the first player goes LMS you are compunding an already disadvantageous situation for the LMS player.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:43 am 
Viridis

True. I guess I feel like the LMS player should be disadvantaged, because they are outnumbered.

The LMS rules are basically there to allow the LMS to go out in a blaze of glory and carnage, it seems to me. So I would say that if you make the tactical choice to run away, then OK, but then you don't get the LMS rules and you have to remove fatigue normally (which will most likely mean that you will be hunted down and dispatched quickly). A supercharged LMS running away from the enemy just seems like that's not the purpose of the LMS rule.