Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:44 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Gorgon Ludus Ideas
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:16 pm 
Noxius

im really happy now :D if only my AR models would get here faster and this day would be perfect XD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:26 am 
Viridis

Yeah, when they originally said that the Greek faction would have themes of luck and fortune, I figured that the oracle concept would be one of their cornerstones. :)

I understand the problem with the restricted Gorgon ludus, but I think it's important to understand that they are clearly not a normal school. They're a special unique constellation, and one of the special things is that there is only three of them. Their ludus rules are printed to say that they specifically only work when the three of them are together and nobody else is there. They're not one of the four schools that the game is built around. They are an intentional anomaly.

However, it isn't impossible that RRG can perhaps think of some interesting way to get around this. By making the Gorgons restricted to size 6 games only, they have basically restricted themselves to only ever running size 6 official events if they want to keep everyone happy. As soon as they run something else, Gorgon players will complain that they cannot play.

I can see RRG not being happy with that in the long run, so maybe they will think of a solution. Maybe the Gorgons will be able to be incorporated into the Hellenic League somehow, while still keeping their Gorgon benefits.

Size 5 is also the biggest game size I have tried out personally. Size 8 seems a bit much.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:10 am 
Noxius

Wishing wrote:
Yeah, when they originally said that the Greek faction would have themes of luck and fortune, I figured that the oracle concept would be one of their cornerstones. :)

I understand the problem with the restricted Gorgon ludus, but I think it's important to understand that they are clearly not a normal school. They're a special unique constellation, and one of the special things is that there is only three of them. Their ludus rules are printed to say that they specifically only work when the three of them are together and nobody else is there. They're not one of the four schools that the game is built around. They are an intentional anomaly.

However, it isn't impossible that RRG can perhaps think of some interesting way to get around this. By making the Gorgons restricted to size 6 games only, they have basically restricted themselves to only ever running size 6 official events if they want to keep everyone happy. As soon as they run something else, Gorgon players will complain that they cannot play.

I can see RRG not being happy with that in the long run, so maybe they will think of a solution. Maybe the Gorgons will be able to be incorporated into the Hellenic League somehow, while still keeping their Gorgon benefits.

Size 5 is also the biggest game size I have tried out personally. Size 8 seems a bit much.

I haven't either, but it's what the people near me play so I want to actually play with them XD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:41 pm 
Viridis

Xjax1 wrote:
I haven't either, but it's what the people near me play so I want to actually play with them XD

That makes a lot of sense. Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:36 pm 
Crudus

The gorgons do need some love. Their strength is definitely their special abilities (my buddy masterfully used Ichor and took the day as a result, and it's a pretty cool moment we bring up from time to time).

My main issue with the gorgons is that they have so many setbacks that other ludii don't. Every group has their specialties and their drawbacks, but the gorgons are lacking too much; the [0dmg] in Medusa's tree, for example.

They're definitely workable, but I'd like to see them get a few love taps just to bring them up.

As for their cohort size, I personally think that it should just state "a team composed solely of gorgons...". That way, you could use just two of them for a 4-stage game, or if they release another gorgon, you could do an 8-stage game - something I've never done, and don't plan to any time soon, unless there's a unique scenario. 8 stages is a lot. I like 5 and 6 the best, personally.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:37 pm 
Noxius

GonzoGarbanzo wrote:
The gorgons do need some love. Their strength is definitely their special abilities (my buddy masterfully used Ichor and took the day as a result, and it's a pretty cool moment we bring up from time to time).

My main issue with the gorgons is that they have so many setbacks that other ludii don't. Every group has their specialties and their drawbacks, but the gorgons are lacking too much; the [0dmg] in Medusa's tree, for example.

They're definitely workable, but I'd like to see them get a few love taps just to bring them up.

As for their cohort size, I personally think that it should just state "a team composed solely of gorgons...". That way, you could use just two of them for a 4-stage game, or if they release another gorgon, you could do an 8-stage game - something I've never done, and don't plan to any time soon, unless there's a unique scenario. 8 stages is a lot. I like 5 and 6 the best, personally.

Agree with you in all fronts, I'm just saying they need another gorgon because when people do play 8v8 the Gorgons are either left out or are shit because they lost their awesome ludis effects. Over all I just wanted to try and bring it to the attention of the devs so gorgon players (like me) don't feel left out as the game stratagems and models advance.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:02 pm 
Crudus

Agreed. Bumping for some Gorgon love, and maybe some rewording of their ludus benefits requirements.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:03 pm 
Noxius

GonzoGarbanzo wrote:
Agreed. Bumping for some Gorgon love, and maybe some rewording of their ludus benefits requirements.

Definitely required to make them viable at anything except 6v6 matches.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:02 am 
Noxius

I just want to play them in 5v5 :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:04 am 
Noxius

viley wrote:
I just want to play them in 5v5 :cry:

That would be fun, but it will probably never happen because the whole idea of Gorgons is that they are two stage

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next