Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Gorgon Ludus Ideas
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:05 am 
Crudus

Xjax1 wrote:
That would be fun, but it will probably never happen because the whole idea of Gorgons is that they are two stage

I think the whole idea of the Gorgons is that they are 3 sisters that get bonuses when they all work exclusively together... if we are entertaining the idea of adding more members to the ten to make them viable for 8 v 8... then I don't see why adding some that are single stage so that there can be a combination that can be used in 5 v 5 is any different.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:20 am 
Viridis

Yeah. The current point of the gorgons is that they are unique in always being the same three, and all three are two stages, hence they only exist as six cards (assuming you want the ludus benefits).

But fiddling with the number of stages they have is actually not a bad idea. That would be a natural way of keeping them as three sisters while making them flexible to field too.

The idea would be to have each gorgon have three different versions: one, two and three stages. Then you could field them as a cohort of anything between three and nine cards. This would even be pretty simple to house rule...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:41 am 
Noxius

Wishing wrote:
Yeah. The current point of the gorgons is that they are unique in always being the same three, and all three are two stages, hence they only exist as six cards (assuming you want the ludus benefits).

But fiddling with the number of stages they have is actually not a bad idea. That would be a natural way of keeping them as three sisters while making them flexible to field too.

The idea would be to have each gorgon have three different versions: one, two and three stages. Then you could field them as a cohort of anything between three and nine cards. This would even be pretty simple to house rule...

That is an awesome idea, I'm going to photoshop the new cards for anyone wanting to download them for use in houseruling :D Because I sure as hell am using that houserule.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:34 am 
Viridis

Awesome!

It would need a little work though. Firstly we need names for the different versions of them. The versions would basically be small, medium and large. But we need something else. We could go technical and say limited, standard and extended. But it would be more fun with something flavourful.

Then we would need to decide what rules the limited (one stage) and extended (three stage) versions would have. I guess you could say that the limited version is just the first stage, period. But the third stage of the extended version would need it's own tweaking of the special rules of the other cards. I'm away on holiday just now, but will see if I can come up with something when I get back.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:57 am 
Noxius

Wishing wrote:
Awesome!

It would need a little work though. Firstly we need names for the different versions of them. The versions would basically be small, medium and large. But we need something else. We could go technical and say limited, standard and extended. But it would be more fun with something flavourful.

Then we would need to decide what rules the limited (one stage) and extended (three stage) versions would have. I guess you could say that the limited version is just the first stage, period. But the third stage of the extended version would need it's own tweaking of the special rules of the other cards. I'm away on holiday just now, but will see if I can come up with something when I get back.

Well, the shortened version won't need any work because you can just take the stage off the regular and call it a day but I'll have to work on special rules and such for the three stage ones, because I feel they need something special.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:12 am 
Viridis

You could just trim a stage off for the limited version, but you could also make tweaks. ☺

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:13 am 
Noxius

Wishing wrote:
You could just trim a stage off for the limited version, but you could also make tweaks. ☺

Of course I'll make tweaks, but I have to start somewhere and expand from it :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:42 pm 
Noxius

early WIP of Euryale's new 1 stage card.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:26 am 
Viridis

Looking good - but I notice that you took her normal armour 0 and made it into armour 1. What are your thoughts behind that? It seems a little out of place to me when both of her normal forms have armour 0.

And the exciting part is then how would we do her 3 stage version? As I recall, she (and many others) had three stages in playtest, so maybe we could just use that one directly... it would then be the other two non-playtest gorgons that would be tricky.

Last edited by Wishing on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:30 am 
Noxius

Wishing wrote:
Looking good - but I notice that you took her normal armour 0 and made it into armour 1. What are your thoughts behind that? It seems a little out of place to me when both of her normal forms have armour 0.

And the exciting part is then how would we do her 3 stage version? As I recall, she (and many others) had three stages in playtest, so maybe we could just use that one directly... it would then be the other two non-playtest gorgons that would be tricky.

Well one reason for the armour change is that she seemed a little squishy like this if she only had 0 armour and my justification was along the lines of she is moving around and writhing, making it hard to hit her. It makes sense considering she has the swift rule.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next