Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:05 pm 
Crudus

BRING IT!!! :twisted:

Looking forward to meeting you as well, MysteriousRacer_X!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:56 am 
Viridis

The event description on the Adepticon website says:

Come join us for the Inaugural Arena Rex AdeptiCon Open! A narrative event in casual tournament style where you can pit your 6-combatant cohort against others on the sands for favor and glory (and prizes). Fresh scenarios and fun twists to the regular Arena Rex game rules will be in effect for the event.

Fresh scenarios and fun twists to the rules sounds interesting - it is definitely not just a tournament, but more of a special campaign kind of deal it sounds like. People who are going - please secure a copy of the rules used in the event somehow so that we can try it at home afterwards. :)

(And it's on March 23rd as far as I can tell - I hope they have spoilers of new models and pre-releases.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:45 am 
Crudus

The tournament is on Saturday, March 25. I will definitely be posting pictures, maybe even video, and will post the rules here afterwards for discussion.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:27 pm 
Crudus

Had an amazing time at the tournament!! I was one model away from winning... but alas, it was not to be. Got worked in the last game.
I had a great time meeting and playing against KEslinger and MysteriousRacer_X. Looking forward to the next major event and another chance to take the rudis home!!
Here's some pics.

Attachments:
IMG_2213.JPG
IMG_2213.JPG [ 131.77 KiB | Viewed 7393 times ]
IMG_2212.JPG
IMG_2212.JPG [ 100.89 KiB | Viewed 7393 times ]
IMG_2211.JPG
IMG_2211.JPG [ 139.03 KiB | Viewed 7393 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:43 am 
Noxius

Thanks to RRG for hosting the tournament! By far the best event I participated in all weekend.

Congrats to Zachary for the 1st place win!
Thanks for the Games everyone, and I am looking forward to some revenge against you RidiQles! hehe Great game!
All the best
Kevin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:55 am 
Viridis

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing what the rules for the event were, and congratulations to you guys who participated. Are you in any of the pictures? :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:51 am 
Noxius

Seriously great event all around, the scenarios were a ton of fun and definitely unique. And the vibe was very casual and fun. And here is our winner with his trophy!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:27 pm 
Crudus

While it's all fresh in my mind and I have some time waiting for my flight out, I wanted to do a short tournament report. Hopefully others will chime in with their own experiences and perspectives.
Not knowing much about the tournament other than the fact that it was going to be 6 v 6 and would involve special scenarios, I brought all my painted models figuring I would decide on which 6 to use while I was here and maybe got some friendly games in.
As it often happens in cons though, I ended up not having any free time to play AR prior to the tourney. In fact, I even had the time wrong in my calendar and nearly missed the whole thing (I thought it was at 5pm instead of 1pm, but happened to walk by as they were setting up just after noon... and promptly panicked and caught a ride back to my hotel to get my stuff).
I ended up going with my Morituri and using Anum, Tiet Khebi, Zahra, Sereqet, and Acerbus. My idea was to have some Titans to prevent lethal hazard pushes, use Zahra to exploit those same hazards, Anum for maximum clear turn carnage potential, and Tiet Khebi for her 7 die attack power. There were a lot of Morituri present at the tournament. I believe I saw at least four cohorts represented. Zephyri probably had 3 or so and Legio and Ludus had 2 or so a piece. I apologize for not remembering the exact numbers.
Well this is a wall of text already. I'll cut the post here and post about Round 1 below so people can comment and quote specifically about this part if needed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:43 pm 
Crudus

Round 1
The Round 1 special scenario had two column hazards, two pits, and a Living Hazard (Leo). The games was a regular munus set up with one special addition: Leo was, in effect, immortal and instead of using his normal vitality track you would use the tracks provided in the scenario sheets. If you dealt him any damage beyond his total health in one line you would simply continue on to the next one. The player that dealt Leo the most damage would receive a Beast/Titan of their choice from RRG (very generous!).

For Round 1, I was paired against Corrine. She was also fielding a Morituri cohort. Hers featured: Anum, Khepros, Thoth, Tiet Khebi, Zahra, and Ur-Kek.
As the game started I rushed my Titans into position and managed to push one of her gladiators into a pit early on. I thought that with the two pits I would have a clear advantage and manage to control the board, but Corrine rallied and moved the fight away from the pits and fought hard. I barely squeezed a victory in with literally 1 point left on my Last Man standing.

Attachments:
IMG_2214.JPG
IMG_2214.JPG [ 121.04 KiB | Viewed 7162 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:45 pm 
Viridis

Yay! Congrats to Zach, and I look forward to reading more of the report.