Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Clash of Titans
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:14 pm 
Crudus

Hosted an Arena Rex Game Day here in the Los Angeles area this past weekend. Had a couple of new players try out the game and they seemed to enjoy it. Hopefully they pick it up and help grow the scene a bit over here.

The most interesting game I witnessed was an all-Titan Bestiae (Anum, Sereqet, Nero, and Acerbus) vs. Gorgons match up. The arena had two lethal hazards in the middle which put the Titans at a distinct advantage.

The Bestiae player charged with Acerbus and Nero, leaving Anum safely back to control the beasts with his Alpha ability. The Gorgon player responded with Euryale, leaving Medusa and Stheno a bit back and away from the hazards. Eventually they had to get closer to engage and that's when Acerbus's Juggernaut and Nero's Gore began to push the non-Titan Gorgons around. Stheno took the brunt of it, using her Dance of Death to keep her out of trouble while Medusa hung back. It wasn't enough, however, and she succumbed to a lethal hazard, which hurt the Gorgon cohort a lot. By then though the beasts were a bit bunched in the middle and with all the large bases in a rather small space Euryale was able to use her Constrict and Swift skills to deal some damage free from assists and counterattacks.
The Bestiae player used Sereqet perhaps a bit too aggressively, hoping to capitalize on Envenom, and she was the first to fall on that side. Euryale managed to take out the first stage of both Nero and Acerbus before she fell to their attacks. Medusa then cleared the hazards safely and headed towards the so far unscathed Anum. She didn't quite get there before the two Titans attacked her. The Gorgon player chose to forgo all favor dice from Medusa's vitality track and instead used her Ichor ability to punish her attackers, managing to take out Nero as she entered her second stage. Her Mirror skill then allowed her to still benefit from favor dice during attacks.
She put up a good fight, but was unable to hold off Anum and Acerbus and ultimately fell, granting victory to the Bestiae.

I don't usually play Gorgons, so that was a great match to see, and I'll definitely have to give it a go on a more even playing field (no lethal hazards).

Attachments:
IMG_0282.JPG
IMG_0282.JPG [ 205.86 KiB | Viewed 4441 times ]

Last edited by RidiQles on Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Clash of Titans
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:22 pm 
Crudus

Interesting match up. No significant plays by Stheno?

Also, I love the coral snake pattern on Euryale. I hope I get to see a bunch of "reptilian diversity" in her scales across different models.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:31 pm 
Crudus

Unfortunately, she died in a lethal hazard before she could make any significant contribution.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:50 am 
Viridis

That just looks and sounds like excellent fun. Great looking models. :)