Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:41 pm 
Noxius

Beasts are a good option for padding a cohort to go against Gorgons, especially if they have two health bars.

Also never forget that you can proxy one model for another, especially if just trying things out to get the feel for a Gorgon cohort.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:34 pm 
Noxius

RidiQles wrote:
If you wish to stay within the rules as written and still get Ludus benefits you could make a cohort using three members of one ludus, a fourth gladiator of your choice and then filling the last two spots with beasts or a titan. That will give you a six-card cohort that still gets the ludus benefit.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with houseruling whatever makes the game more enjoyable for you. Just offering options.

I think you still get the benefits. RAW it states you count "gladiators" not bests or titans when figuring out if you're eligible for benefits.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:51 am 
Crudus

This is something I've been thinking about quite a bit. I started with the Zephyri, and I have 4 Zephyri gladiators and Aemelia, and part of the reasonI chose her was aesthetic and the image of team unity. Aemilia has that rugged, wild look that fits so well with their theme. The other reason being she has two opportunities to reposition from her damage. Add that to intercept, and she keeps in line with the mobility theme too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:00 pm 
Viridis

viley wrote:
I think you still get the benefits. RAW it states you count "gladiators" not bests or titans when figuring out if you're eligible for benefits.

Yep, exactly. ;) He was pointing out that you can make a 6-man cohort into a 4-man cohort for the purpose of percentages by including beasts, since the beasts don't count for the percentages. So you agree. (As do I.)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:54 am 
Noxius

Ah gotcha, my bad!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:29 am 
Noxius

I don't see the need to play exclusively within a Ludus, but its pretty trivial to hit the minimum requirements for benefits, particularly in 5v5. You get one "splash" essentially (2 in 8v8) and when you include beasts (including Mounts) it doesn't take much to hit 75%. You can pretty trivially get benefits with 3 gladiators (or Noxius) and I find there's enough internal synergy and "meat and potato" gladiators in each faction that getting 3 from the same school is easier than trying to go out of my way to mix and match. 3 man, 3 Ludus would be a cool format though.