Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: New Releases
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:38 am 
Viridis

GonzoGarbanzo wrote:
Even more important than encircle though is her snare. Models not being able to follow through is amazing. In best-case scenarios, you cut an enemy off from using the rest of their tree because they push a model away and can't follow-up.

Snare seems incredibly restricted though in that it only works if the two models are in base contact.

So if I want to move up and attack Leika, I will just stop 0.1 inches away from her. Snare doesn't work.

If she has attacked me, then she has fatigue on her already. I just use my free move to move 0.1 inch away from her (she can't opportunity attack cos she is fatigued) before I attack. Snare doesn't work.

There are scenarios where Snare might be relevant - but they seem really rare to me, from a theoretical perspective.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:08 am 
Noxius

Wishing wrote:
GonzoGarbanzo wrote:
If she has attacked me, then she has fatigue on her already. I just use my free move to move 0.1 inch away from her (she can't opportunity attack cos she is fatigued) before I attack.

Typically, she wouldn't be the only gladiator standing right there though. Teamwork makes the dream work.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:10 am 
Noxius

GonzoGarbanzo wrote:
especially considering Micon's atlas throw lets you choose which direction the enemy model is thrown in, including backwards over Micon's head.

Another consideration - Encircle is triggered on the first success. Micon needs 5 to get to Atlas Throw.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:29 pm 
Viridis

Quote:
Typically, she wouldn't be the only gladiator standing right there though. Teamwork makes the dream work.

And then you could just attack the other gladiator instead and ignore Snare that way. I'm sure it can come in handy once in a while under the right circumstances, it just doesn't seem like any kind of "wow" ability to me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:01 pm 
Crudus

MysteriousRacer_X wrote:

Exactly! Snare isn't a dueling ability, it's a control ability. Leika hops to the fray, gets herself nice and cozy with the enemy, and instead of attacking that vulnerable model you wanted to, you have to worry about getting out of Leika's way. And, she actually can opportunity attack even when she's fatigued, thanks to the Zephyri's passive, Brave. In my experience, Brave is all about using opportunity attack reactions, making it so you're always a threat.

Essentially, Leika's great at creating pressure. You either respond to her, or get screwed. Is it "wowie zowie broken"? No, and I wouldn't call her an auto-include, but she definitely has me excited.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:30 pm 
Viridis

I forgot about Brave. That makes it a bit more interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:02 am 
Viridis

I considered making a new thread, but we already have this one, so...

Gencon! New model release! Iocasta!

http://arenarex.wikia.com/wiki/Iocasta

I think she looks amazing. Super cool. Her armour piercing ability seems awesome. Sucks to be you, Ban-Luca!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:00 pm 
Noxius

Wishing wrote:
I considered making a new thread, but we already have this one, so...

Gencon! New model release! Iocasta!

http://arenarex.wikia.com/wiki/Iocasta

I think she looks amazing. Super cool. Her armour piercing ability seems awesome. Sucks to be you, Ban-Luca!

She works really well, I love her! Legio beware! She is definitely a clean up striker though, do not send her alone. Her 2 Def and 1 Armor could spell death really quickly.

Also be aware that if she isn't dead, her Plague ability also effects her as well. We are looking at you Thoth if you die before Iocasta hehe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:28 am 
Viridis

KEslinger wrote:
She works really well, I love her! Legio beware! She is definitely a clean up striker though, do not send her alone. Her 2 Def and 1 Armor could spell death really quickly.

True, but Morituri fans should be used to that - all the models in their starter set have 2 DEF and 1 ARM. :)