Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:04 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject: Re: New Releases
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:22 am 
Noxius

The sculpted Tribune looks like an undernourished version of the art. I'm talking about the tree trunk arms in the art. Presumably to swing the axe on a column to knock back defenders 3 away he must be pretty strong. Maybe he was on a diet to get to Adepticon...

Hopefully they keep the relative scale from the originals because they seem to be straying from it as they add gladiators.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:58 am 
Noxius

RRG guys the sculpt is still being worked on, so you'll likely see some changes before we have the final version.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:11 pm 
Viridis

I also think the shown Tribune model looks a bit scrawny, but I think it looks okay. If he gets beefed up a bit, I don't mind. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:55 am 
Viridis

Tribune seems cooler and cooler to me the more time passes. I can't believe he is still so many months away from release.

I could proxy him in the meantime. Build a stand-in somehow. But I'm not sure...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:49 am 
Noxius

I believe they said he could drop before Gencon, so hopefully not too long!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:24 pm 
Crudus

Speaking of Tribune, does anyone else think his rules are just...bad? I LOVE his design, and am looking for reasons to pick him up and put him in my magnus cohort other than "he looks awesome".

Primarily, the lack of options from his damage tree just seems way too limiting. I don't want to be forced to baseball bat someone away, then pay a favor to continue the tree, especially considering that it's not as common for Tribune to generate favor. The only way I can see him working is as a counterattacker, but getting 3 nets on a counter (bringing you to his [star] ) isn't all that common. That being said, I like the results on his damage tree ( [3dmg] , [favor] , and [fatigue] ) are all nice, but paying a favor to do what other gladiators do is expensive, and I don't want to be forced to banhammer my opponent out of the fight.

Has anyone caught anything I'v overlooked? Leika seems like a beast and I will absolutely include her with my zephy babies. But Tribune...he's just a pretty face.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:25 am 
Viridis

Funny, I see it completely the opposite way. Leika's tricks seem unimpressive and cornercase to me, so she seems like just a pretty face. Whereas Tribune has two tricks that both seem interesting and unique to me. He can baseball bat people away, which seems damn strong to me - I don't have to pay to continue the damage tree after I have batted someone into a hazard. And he can generate favour from being attacked without actually taking any damage, so potentially he can do it all game with no cap, unlike any other gladiator in the game. I can see him always spending Favor on his defense rolls, because he gets Favor back from the rolls succeeding.

Of course, I haven't used them or seen them used yet, so this is just speculation, but that's my thinking. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:10 pm 
Noxius

I actually really like both designs.

Lieka might actually outclass Micon as the best dedicated pit-pusher (is that what you would call it?). The ability to put yourself in exactly the right line to get a straight push is awesome. Whether that is a pit, or a friendly gladiator for an extra success, or a hazard for fatigue and damage - it's an awesome ability. And if she is dancing around these dangerous things all the time, her ensnare ability stops her opponent from pushing her too far into those same hazards.

Tribune has a deep track, which is awesome for Ludus Magnus. Exile is huge too, 3" is a long way! A total of 4" of movement on just 3 successes again outclasses Micon. 14 health is no joke either. And I think he will be ok at churning out favor, with his ability, his track, and the potential for utilizing hazards.

Neither of these gladiators is going to go in and drop the beat-stick like Ur Kek or Otho, but I think they both have some pretty solid tricks up their sleeves.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:33 pm 
Viridis

MysteriousRacer_X wrote:
Lieka might actually outclass Micon as the best dedicated pit-pusher (is that what you would call it?). The ability to put yourself in exactly the right line to get a straight push is awesome.

Can't any character do the same if they have Reposition though? Just use your 3" move to move around them, instead of using Leika's Encircle to move around them. Encircle seems a little more reliable and flexible - but not by that much it seems to me.

To me, Zahra is a much better pit-pusher, since she can pull people towards her, then jump around them, and then push them in any direction afterwards.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:14 pm 
Crudus

So, while I love Leika, I wouldn't say she outclasses Micon as a pit pusher, especially considering Micon's atlas throw lets you choose which direction the enemy model is thrown in, including backwards over Micon's head.

But I'm on board with you MysteriousRacer_X with how amazing encircle is at repositioning yourself. Being able to essentially leapfrog over the opponent to be wherever you want is freedom that reposition doesn't offer if you're backed into a corner, or surrounded by enemies, a very real possibility for Leika.

Even more important than encircle though is her snare. Models not being able to follow through is amazing. In best-case scenarios, you cut an enemy off from using the rest of their tree because they push a model away and can't follow-up. How do you stop a charging rhino? You can take away his credit card, or send in Leika.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next