Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Expansion potential
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:50 am 
Viridis

Just something I was pondering earlier. As it stands now, Area Rex feels to me like a fully complete game. We have a really good and straightforward basic ruleset, and a range of awesome gladiator models and cards to play the game with. As time goes by, more and more gladiators come out, increasing our options.

It made me wonder if this is a game that would benefit from any expansions? As in, not just more model rules, but some sort of additions to the main rulebook that introduce new rules?

If we play along with the idea that expansions would be something RRG would want to publish somewhere down the line, what could they be about?

- Beasts and mounts could be an obvious focus if they were not already in the core rulebook. :) But there could be an expansion with additional rules for them, scenario ideas, and so on.

- Campaign rules, i.e. some sort of system where games are linked together chronologically, and what happens in one game affects the next game. I'm not sure that this is something I would personally want, but if they come up with something really clever, it could be very interesting.

- Environments, by which I mean rules for arenas in different parts of the world. Weather conditions, different kinds of Favor, and so on.

These are just some ideas off the top of my head. The game seems perfect as it is to me just now, so I don't feel any expansions are needed, but it's fun to think a few years into the future and think about what they *could* do, if RRG decide to expand the game with more than just additional gladiators at some point.