Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:37 am 
Noxius

I love running Septimus and Nero. Together, they have soooo many pushes. They can string together 6 pushes, and they each have the 2 inch follow up. Really gets people out of position (and into pits!)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:25 am 
Viridis

That sound great. So the two orginal beast riders sound pretty popular and useful so far. I haven't tried any of them yet, but look forward to it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:56 am 
Viridis

I was using Hroka on Caho-Ta recently, and I was actually pretty impressed with Caho-Ta. The fact that all his attacks are automatically power attacks makes up for his low attack rating and makes using a single favor dice quite appealing. And he has that sweet reposition too, so that you can charge in (preferably against an exhausted enemy), attack with Hroka, attack with Caho, then reposition away, clear fatigue, and be ready to charge in next turn too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:13 am 
Viridis

Heh... I got Nero hopefully arriving at my post office today, and it got me thinking.

Just for fun, how about trying to have some of our riders mount beasts they don't usually ride?

I was thinking of having Septimus ride Acerbus, and maybe Zahra on Leo. I think that could be kinda cool.

Any rules problems anyone sees, or could it be interesting to try? :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:18 am 
Viridis

Now that we have had one mount for each ludus so far, I keep thinking and wondering if we some day will get a second set of mounts and riders for the ludi. I hope so.

Some ideas:

Ludus Magnus - The third horseman. We already have two horses, I wouldn't mind a third. Apparently there was a historical gladiator type called the Andabata that were on horseback and had helmets that didn't let them see out. Might be interesting to work with that somehow.

Morituri - Not sure, but there are plenty of interesting options, especially if they are mythed up. The Nile would give us crocodiles or hippos. From the desert maybe a camel. Smoke if you got em.

Legio XIII - I've said it before, but a giant wolf or a bear would make so much sense to me as a mount for one of these guys. Northern forests. Make it happen. Or something mythological. A baby dragon. :)

Zephyri - A wolf or bear would work here too, for a Norse mount rather than an Atlantean mount. Or how about an elk? Maybe Wendigo is elk-like enough already. We could throw a saddle on the Wendigo.

And I suppose the big question is about the Hellenics. Possible Pegasus? Who knows?