Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: Entering the arena
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:58 am 
Viridis

Yay, my new order has just arrived, and I'm hoping to get a message that I can pick it up later today. That was quick, considering I ordered before Christmas during the sale. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:14 am 
Viridis

Models have been picked up, unpacked, and assembly has begun. I forgot to buy new magets though, so I don't have the magnets I need to magnetize Zahra on scorpion. Hmm. I guess that is OK since I can start out slow by just building the models.

And building Sereqet is daunting. I don't want to just use the legs he comes with. They look good, but they don't fit well on the base. I want to do something different. And I suspect it won't be easy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:40 am 
Viridis

Much progress on the whole arena project. Sereqet has been built and painted, and the rest of the new models at least undercoated. New magnets bought and used.

Played a game last night that has been partially documented on youtube, started another thread to show that off here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38481

I talked to my friend that I played with about maybe making a 3D arena at some point in the future, and he suggested that he could 3D print some appropriate arena wall sections in his 3D printer at work. Sounds really ambitious to me, but I love it. If he can pull it off, that would be very cool.

Even though I still have a long way to go before my current batch of AR models are fully painted, I am obviously already thinking about what models to get next. Ywain and Dextarius I think are top of the list. Then maybe Anum and Micon. And Nero.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:19 am 
Viridis

So AR have another sale on for Adepticon, and I can't resist a sale when I have a list of things I want... so I made another order. I recently played a demo game where I played Frigge, and I thought she was really awesome. So I ended up ordering Frigge, Ywain and Dextarius.

Which creates a beautiful symmetry - it means that after this order, I will have four gladiators from each ludus in my collection.

Viatrix, Iason, Septimus, Otho
Zahra, Mago, Khepros, Ur-Kek
Ban-Luca, Aemilia, Valen, Ywain
Hroka, Sven, Frigge, Hagal

Just lovely. I haven't got all my models from the Christmas sale painted yet, but getting there.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:44 pm 
Viridis

Even though this thread is a bit silly and not really suitable for the forum, I still like having it to occasionally jot down my thoughts for the record.

My models have now arrived and so I have my beautifully symmetrical 4 models from 4 ludi each.

The only piece that is actually missing is that I don't yet have Nero, so the LM don't have a mount to ride as it stands now, which the other ludi do. So I think my next order will be Nero and the printed rulebook. I'm a little embarrassed that I haven't bought that yet.

For the future, the LM have so many cool models that I find it hard to imagine that I won't want to get more of them. Micon and Tribune I defintely don't think I can resist for long. So I am thinking of maybe getting Tribune and the LM starter as a future order. That would be four new models, and I could paint them up in their own separate colour scheme, to make them look like their own separate cohort. That might be kind of cool. I am thinking black and grey.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:40 am 
Viridis

What new stuff have I acquired for AR over the last few months? Let's see what my total collection overview looks like now.

LM: Viatrix, Iason, Septimus, Otho, Tribune
MT: Zahra, Mago, Khepros, Ur-Kek, Anum - Tiet-Khebi, Thoth and Iocasta on order
LX: Ban-Luca, Aemilia, Valen, Ywain
ZP: Hroka, Sven, Frigge, Hagal
Others: The Gorgon trinity, all beasts

I actually feel like now I am getting to a stage where I'm getting close to having gotten all the models I am interested in. I think that I would still like to get:

Wendigo
LM starter
Sulla
Hermes
Leika

I guess that just leaves a scattering of models that I've then de-selected... Urbicus, Urien, Vargr, Bjarrhvit, Gaius, maybe a couple others. Maybe I will get interested in them at some point. We shall see. But I'm guessing that while I am working on the stuff I do wanna get, new models will come out that will fascinate and enrapture me - I tend to really like the new releases.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:13 am 
Viridis

So right now I am in Rome. Yesterday I went to the colosseum, and I bought a cute little book about gladiators, which among other things explains where the original buildings of the ludus magnus and the ludus gallicus were. Much fun.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:27 am 
Noxius

pics or it didnt happen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:39 pm 
Viridis

Pics when I get home to my computer. ☺

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:33 pm 
Noxius

Hah, figured!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next