Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:43 pm 
Noxius

Hey guys, I was thinking of making an arena that was a plateau, so instead of it being surrounded by a wall, it's surrounded by a pit. I'm thinking a 24" circle and about 6" up. Put little ladders on the side to be entrance points instead of the gates. Still put pillars and spikes on the plateau and everything, but you'll always have a pit behind you, muhahaha. Any thoughts? What other rad arena ideas are out there?

Why is it not meat?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:43 pm 
Noxius

Interesting concept, not one i'd have come up with. I quite like the concept too - really punishes people trying to play too cagily.

I'm going for an 'alternate' arena design as well, my arena will be the inside/top of an active volcano. I have a theme in mind (based around Vulcan/Hephaestus) so that it makes at least a little sense but that's the direction i've decided to go in.
You end up just as dead either way, but it's a more cinematically exciting to push someone into lava than into a hole.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:40 pm 
Noxius

awesome, reminds me of some stages in Soul Calibur like Shrine of Eurydice and Utopia of the Blessed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:20 pm 
Noxius

I'm lazy, so I'll probably just used the flat arena mat seen on the kickstarter.

... BUT, if i were going to do something crazy, it would be movable squares. Like start with a grid of 9, but the middle square of the grid would be an open pit. Every round or so the squares would shift, taking the gladiators for a ride with them. You could be safe one round with plenty of room, only to find next round you are an inch away from a newly opened pit!

http://www.nerdsvsninjas.blogspot.com - a humble blog about gaming and other nerdy stuff...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:01 pm 
Noxius

WuhSawBe wrote:
I'm lazy, so I'll probably just used the flat arena mat seen on the kickstarter.

... BUT, if i were going to do something crazy, it would be movable squares. Like start with a grid of 9, but the middle square of the grid would be an open pit. Every round or so the squares would shift, taking the gladiators for a ride with them. You could be safe one round with plenty of room, only to find next round you are an inch away from a newly opened pit!

All the other ideas are very cool, but this one is awesome (or some iteration). I think moving hazards/terrain would really add a tactical twist.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:41 am 
Noxius

Quote:

:o OH MY GOD YES. Emperor/Leader of these certain lands is a little crazy and forced his people to construct a giant obscene arena, and below it- the grinding cogs and gears that roar louder than the crowds as they move the combatants into new challenges.

This. Sounds. EPIC. :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:31 pm 
Noxius

WuhSawBe wrote:

Sounds good but I think it'd probably have to be something done in a digital version of the game because picking up the models to move around chunks of the arena will end in tears at some point.

It would be pretty awesome to have a crack at it, though.