Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:48 pm 
Noxius

So the 'update' has happened and no changes to the character cards.

Not a sausage.

Are we play testing or just proofreading the main rules and pointing out clarifications?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:59 pm 
Noxius

probably both! I imagine the main push of the last update was getting the main rules clarified and getting titans out to test. We can probably create a per-model feedback thread then have someone collate it to submit via email (or organise the OPs so the feedback in the thread is easily accessible)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:50 am 
Noxius

I think right now its a mix of; check the titans out/here's a better version of the rules for you to enjoy till you get your models and real cards.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:50 pm 
Noxius

Now that RRG has released the Krakens- erm, Titans, they probably want to test the new dynamic and balance before making any stat line changes.

Based in their willingness to respond to rule clarifications and gameplay comments, I am sure they have someone up in Caesar's Palace diligently making notes of our play test thus far, and will compile them with the results of the beta 2.0.

Really, they can give us until end of November to test 2.0, make their stat adjustments if necessary, and release a 3.0 to run until the new year. At this point they can make final adjustments and still get the books printed in short time to send out in Q1...

On that note, I am actually happy about this as I couldn't see a way for them to keep the model quality so high and still make December delivery. Looking at Gaius' amazing sculpt, I am glad they are not rushing the artistic process.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:52 pm 
Founder of the Republic

alladin the paladin wrote:
they probably want to test the new dynamic and balance before making any stat line changes

I'd love to blame it entirely on that, but we actually have made some changes to the wording of some abilities. Unfortunately it was 3am when we posted, and the file that got uploaded was just the titans portion. :( The fixed file is up, and the revised gladiators are now part of the .PDF in the v2 link.

Tactics haven't changed as of this document, but theyre certainly not set in stone. They are much more in the category of things to tweak after we see how Titans and the changes to models affect things. We're still considering other changes, but let us know how these ones go, first.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:07 am 
Noxius

Hey, it happens! Appreciate your candour.

I have not had much play test time but will definitely try and get some more rounds with v2.0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:04 pm 
Noxius

Then I appologise for doubting you!

Still think Micon should either push 2" or have an 'Atlas throw' star in box 3 of his damage tree....;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:11 pm 
Noxius

2" pushes and 3" followup! make him at least comparable to Zahra for pushing guys around, since really that's his whole deal